"Build" unconnected test box

Kalama Sutra

scratchin' scratchin' Head Scratchin',

Anybody have any advice ... boy that's wide open ... on how to build a test unit that HAS NO interface to telco, but that I can fake out ?

pair of winmodem boards and plug in phones with regular old POTS interface ?

or go to my truck and get my hammer ....

Thanks in Advance ... or go to a Comedy Club tonight :blink:

Jim

dicko

sorry dude, win-modems have LONG AGO been removed from Asterisk (they never worked) just use SIP maybe or if you want FXS/FXO you can get a linksys 3102 on ebay for less than <head-scratching> dollars, and plug the FXO (trunk port) into the FXS (station port) I believe that will meet your somewhat strange requirements

dicko

Kalama Sutra

Thanks dicko,

Duh ? on my part .... Heck, back to the "my office" ... I've 2 separate POTS lines that go to fax machines ... and used to program PERS units in the field ... for my messing purposes I can snag off of these 2 lines from the punch board < ¿ if that's the right term ? > and nobody will know the difference .....

OK, OK OK Why 2 fax lines ? Oh, they are alarm lines too ... and I'm too C.S. to schmuck with those :eek:hmy:

didja know that a mylar balloon, when your air handler kicks in in the morning and starts moving it around will be 'seen' by your motion detector in your alarm system and you'll get a call from the police about a break in ... Oh, and you get a letter from the police department about fines for false alarms :blink:

regards,

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti