bug fix for Asterisk 1.4.19

Discussion in 'General' started by kman, Aug 5, 2008.

1. kman

Hi all,

I've recently installed an Elastix 1.1 system at my office with great success. Later I found a fault relating to incoming SIP calls being dropped and found a fix for this from Asterisk. I'd downloaded and built the Asterisk modules based on v1.4.21.2 sources patched to fix the particular bug; this solved the major problem, but introduced several minor problems.... of course.

So, what I'd really like to do is get a hold of the Elastix sources for Asterisk 1.4.19.1, make the code fix I need and rebuild. The major hurdle is that I'm a Linux nuff-nuff who knows just enough to make a real mess of things. Without instructions I could bugger up the whole thing.

Any chance someone has done this and might guide me? The bug fix I need to make can be found here if that helps (two lines in channels/chan_sip.c).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave.

2. kman

FYI, I was able to get a hold of the sources and do a minimal build of Asterisk, then copy chan_sip.so to the modules path. Testing to follow.

3. lek

lek Guest

This bug is fixed in 1.4.20 or 1.4.21?

4. kman

Negative; I checked the sources for 1.4.21.2 and the fix isn't there.

I had installed the complete build on a lab server and it broke a few things in the process, and on later inspection didn't include the fix anyway.

The patched Elastix 1.1-6 is running in the lab now without any trouble, It's going live this evening.

5. lek

lek Guest