bug fix for Asterisk 1.4.19

Hi all,

I've recently installed an Elastix 1.1 system at my office with great success. Later I found a fault relating to incoming SIP calls being dropped and found a fix for this from Asterisk. I'd downloaded and built the Asterisk modules based on v1.4.21.2 sources patched to fix the particular bug; this solved the major problem, but introduced several minor problems.... of course.

So, what I'd really like to do is get a hold of the Elastix sources for Asterisk 1.4.19.1, make the code fix I need and rebuild. The major hurdle is that I'm a Linux nuff-nuff who knows just enough to make a real mess of things. Without instructions I could bugger up the whole thing.

Any chance someone has done this and might guide me? The bug fix I need to make can be found here if that helps (two lines in channels/chan_sip.c).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave.

FYI, I was able to get a hold of the sources and do a minimal build of Asterisk, then copy chan_sip.so to the modules path. Testing to follow.

Negative; I checked the sources for 1.4.21.2 and the fix isn't there.

I had installed the complete build on a lab server and it broke a few things in the process, and on later inspection didn't include the fix anyway.

The patched Elastix 1.1-6 is running in the lab now without any trouble, It's going live this evening.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114