BROKEN ISO? v1.1-2July08

Discussion in 'General' started by n3glv, Jul 28, 2008.

1. n3glv

As described in the link below.
    The sip.conf iax.conf etc files are copies of the
    sip.conf.example etc, and contain NO #includes for the _additional.conf files etc.
    This is a major breakage that most new people and even some intermediate people will not be able to easily fix.

http://www.voipcoop.org/viewtopic.php?t=78

Sincerely,
    Jeff Kephart
    n3glv
    www.pbxtechs.com
    www.voipcoop.org

2. Bob

Bob

n3glv,

Confirmed this problem yesterday as well from a totally fresh install of the same ISO. Confirmed all the latest YUM updates do not correct it either.

I know you don't need it n3glv, but for anyone else reading the thread who needs the files, they are as follows

sip.conf
    ========

iax.conf
    ========

Have added the files to a fresh install of ISO 1.1-2 and appears to correct the issue, but I have not completed full testing with them.

Regards

Bob

3. marthin

Hi Bob,

You're advice helped with the sip and iax account parts, however my dialplan was still pretty much screwed up as I found when tested with the feature codes.

I followed the link previously stated in the thread http://www.voipcoop.org/viewtopic.php?t=78 which gave quite an elegant solution that helped:

According to a user in #elastix on irc.freenode.net this solution was suggested:

<idc-dutch> Just delete sip.conf, iax.conf, extensions.conf and extensions.conf.orig from /etc/asterisk, and run your FreePBX 'apply'. Freepbx wil automatically symlink the right config files again, and all problems are gone.

Back on track with elastix and having fun.

ciao
    Marthin

4. Bob

Bob

Thanks Marthin,

Will try this on the next one...thanks for the link..

Bob

5. lek

lek Guest

6. Bob

Bob

Edgar,

Thanks for the updates....great to finally see 2.4 Freepbx. Stops the questions.

Took the quick road first and installed the Freepbx 2.4 rpm as your prescribed install method.

Even had faith to install on our production machine :) (that and the fact that I can re-image the system back to its current configuration on less than 5 minutes).

Results:
    1) The RPM install appeared very clean, no errors.
    2) Once into the Freepbx GUI, showing a Asterisk CLI broken module. No big deal, never used it anyhow via Freepbx.
    3) Tried pressing the Orange/Red Bar - Basically timed out - tried several times - same result.
    4) Rebooted system.
    5) Entered module update area (did not try to press bar - train of thought was to bring up all modules up to date.)
    6) Asterisk CLI module continued to error out, could not uninstall, could not add in. Left out of upgrade cycle
    7) Updated all modules through several passes.
    8) Could press bar now, no timeouts or issues - very responsive
    9) Also now could install Asterisk-CLI as it now recognised that it was not installed.
    10) Freepbx fully updated - nice shiny 2.4 Freepbx - No errors

But best of all NO Symlink errors at all....

Have made some basic calls in an out - no errors to report, but only spent 10 minutes on tests. Will run some more in couple of hours....

Am now downloading the 1.2Beta ISO and will test on Lab Box.....

Regards

Bob

7. sangye

I downloaded the ISO 1.1 yesterday and installed last night, so far nothing responds. So I am going through this thread, replacing the sip.conf and iax.conf, restarting asterisk - still couldn't register.

I am updating the freepbx as per you latest advice, should I also try the deleting of various conf files and letting them get rebuild and linked as per that advice also in this thread. Anyway happy to help you with feedback.

I also have trouble with the openfire chat client, but I guess I should just attack that problem seperately. I love the layout and approach, just hope you guys can get things more easy to use. I used Elastix 1 and couldn't get it to Trunk properly (with trixbox I could) so I was waiting for your distro to get a bit more matured for lazy appliance using guys like me. If I can't config through the GUI I don't consider it really an "appliance" within reason, obviously you need CLI to update software.

I have a big site and I have a commercially supported XIVO asterisk based IPPBX. I am just setting up elastix with a sangoma E1/T1 card as a backup for disaster/urgent situations. I noticed so far I don't see your distro has detected that card yet so that could be another reason I dump elastix until it gets better. Perhaps I go back to testing it with a VM.

Hope you are having a good day, thanks for advice

Sangye

8. sangye

After a few RPM updates to the freePBX it worked. I checked modules, upgraded etc. Now I can register.

I think the IM is working now too! Perhaps I won't have to bother with the beta ISO install, this may have done the trick. Thanks

Sangye

9. lek

lek Guest

Thanks for your feedback Bob,

What was your last versions (Elastix and freepbx) before updating freepbx?

10. Bob

Bob

Edgar,

The Elastix system was:

1.1-17 updated via Yum, installed from a 1.1-2 Stable ISO. (done about four weeks ago).
    FreePbx was fully updated to 2.3.1.5 with all modules installed and updated.

Regards

Bob

11. sangye

I think I had 2.3.1 of Freepbx on mine. The ISO of Elastix was 1.1-7

Is it ok to run yum in the asterisk distro, its a bit funny that the updates section of the web interface doesn't seem to allow any updates, anyway its early days for me on Elastix. Next I have to get my sangoma card working.

I have also update the openfire RPM and had to give it more java RAM.

Thanks
    Sangye

12. kman

Hi folks,

I tried a fresh installation using Elastix-1.1-2-09jul2008.iso yesterday and faced the same issues, can anyone document a solid fix procedure for this? I'm a little green on this Elastix business and installing FreePBX 2.4 plus "a few updates" is a bit vague for my liking.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave.

13. kman

Didn't FreePBX 2.4 break a few other thing along the way?

I'll have to lab it in the next couple of days. Thanks for your help.

14. DaveD

Have installed the rpm on a test box and all went very smooth
    Found after it installed don't click red bar but update all modules than when all are updated hit red bar

Pleased to say it did not break anything ,nice work

15. kman

Thanks gents, so far so good in the lab.

I appreciate your help.

16. lek

lek Guest

Dear Folks,

If someone update freePBX (with the method described in this thread) and the red bar becomes unresponsive, please help us to debug the problem giving us access to your box. If you want to contribute this way please don't fix the problem updating the modules and contact me to my email (elandivar [at] palosanto [dot] com). I will try to access your box as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

17. sangye

My FreePBX and Openfire are working great since applying the RPM updates to the newer versions. Running for a few days.

Open fire ran out of memory before I upgraded it to 3.5.2 - I had 1GB ram in the machine at that time.

Regards

Sangye

18. Bob

Bob

Another system upgraded to the 2.4 RPM tonight.

Fresh install of 1.1-2 ISO
    Yum Updates applied.
    No Freepbx configuration beforehand
    Installed Freepbx 2.4 RPM
    Hand configured PBX configuration (e.g. no restores from previous versions)

Results:

No errors as per my other system
    No Asterisk-CLI issues.
    No hangs on Pressing the "bar"

System in place and working!!!

Regards

Bob