Bricked my PBX with Elastix 1.3-2

elastixguy3

Had Elastix 1.1 running smoothly on my PBX box with Sangoma A200.

Then tried upgrading it to version 1.3, now the machine won't start...

Any ideas? :(

Bob

Have you checked that you have power to the PBX????;)

Seriously you have provided very little to go on. What do you mean the machine wont start?? Are you getting to a Linux prompt, is it Asterisk that won't start???

Litte more info needed....

Bob

elastixguy3

Didn't have much info when I posted since I was doing maintenance remotely on that PBX.

But few minutes ago I had someone manually restart the machine and it has at least booted OK. But Asterisk CLI has been disabled since this Asterisk version isn't compatible with it and Sangoma A200 is not being detected anymore.

Sangoma haven't released the rpms for Elastix 1.3 yet, so how should I go about installing it?

Thank's for replying Bob and if you have any experience with Sangoma hardware (especially Sangoma A200) that'll be appreciated.

Regards

rafael

Did you use the hardware detection on the web interface? It should detect sangoma.

Regards,

Rafael

Bob

elastixguy3,

Thanks for the reply....can understand now, and appreciate what you can see - basically nothing.

However, the machine should have rebooted and recovered, so that might be an issues that needs to be worked through separately as to why it failed..

On the Asterisk front though, the main part I am not sure what you mean is "Asterisk CLI has been disabled since this Asterisk version isn't compatible with it". Is this a message that you receive or an assumption. Can you confirm that the yum upgrade completed successfully. E.g. if you run the yum upgrade again does it show any more updates to be applied. Does it complete the transaction fully with no warnings....

You should not need to use any Sangoma RPMS, as I believe that they are in the build already and all that has to occur is to detect the hardware through the Elastix Hardware Detection interface. I say believe as I have not had any dealings with the A200 Card, but I have installed Sangoma 101 (E1), on a based 1.3-2 box (it is one our standby emergency PBX systems that have for our clients), and we have used it for several weeks successfully.

The only other think I can think of, is that the initial installation of the RPM's, has impacted the ability for the YUM to upgrade your system. It would be better for others to comment on what is the best way to remove the current RPM's and get you back on track with the Elastix Sangoma YUM updates, as I have not done this upgrade and I don't want to botch up with some untested suggestions....

Can anyone else assist Elastixguy3 that has had more to do with this issue???

Regards
Bob

elastixguy3

Rafael,
No it's not being detected on the web interface.

Bob,
Problem with Asterisk CLI was a message I got on the web interface but now CLI seems to be working again (at least when I type asterisk -r).
yum update will complain about missing zaptel dependency:
[root@pbx ~]# yum update
(...)
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package flash-plugin.i386 0:10.0.15.3-release set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: zaptel = 1.4.10.1-2 for package: wanpipe-modules-2.6.18-53.1.19.el5
--> Processing Dependency: zaptel = 1.4.10.1-2 for package: wanpipe-modules-2.6.18-53.1.19.el5
---> Package zaptel-devel.i386 0:1.4.11-6 set to be updated
---> Package zaptel.i386 0:1.4.11-6 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: zaptel = 1.4.10.1-2 is needed by package wanpipe-modules-2.6.18-53.1.19.el5

Where can I find this dependency or better yet, how can I fix yum so it will find by itself maybe adding a new repository.

Best regards,
Elastixguy the third :p

rafael

elastixguy3

Got past the dependency issue, but Sangoma cards still not working... Trying to install using beta version from Sangoma, but it won't find the zaptel source in order to recompile. Where's it?

Bob

elastixguy3

Bob said:
Elastixguy,

Just check the version that you have now of Zaptel (to make sure this is the correct source) and issue
following commands

cd /usr/src
wget http://repo.elastix.org/centos/5/update ... -6.src.rpm
rpm -ivh http://repo.elastix.org/centos/5/update ... -6.src.rpm

You should have the zaptel source....

Regards

Bob
Thank for the reply Bob :side:

Zaptel Version: 1.4.12.1

So I tried http://repo.elastix.org/centos/5/update ... -1.src.rpm

404 File Not Found :unsure: :( :S

If this thing is not available, I simply cannot get the Sangoma A200 working here and I've heard Sangoma 500 too wont install without the source package... Had I know that before I'd have postponed to upgrade to 1.3, so IMHO 1.3 shouldnt be considered stable yet. Have installed it on a production pbx and now I'm in trouble trying to figure out how to go back to 1.1 or 1.2 without losing all data. :unsure:

elastixguy3

Google for zaptel-1.4.12-1.src.rpm and found a version from TB on the link:

http://yum.trixbox.org/centos/5/SRPMS/z ... -1.src.rpm

But when I try to install it gives:

error: cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

Seems rather easy to fix (simply change to /usr/src), but how to?

elastixguy3

Well managed to install the TB package (after installing rpm-build), but it seems incomplete, there's no zaptel.h file and still can't compile the Sangoma drivers. :(

Bob

ElastixGuy3,

I agree with your comment, it appears that for some reason the sources for the latest Zaptel are not in the repository.....

Pull down the sources for Zaptel 1.4.11. If with the backwards step, it will be better off than using TB's sources, and far better off than using Asterisk sources, which do not include the OSLEC Canceller.

I have with 1.3-2 compiled and used the 1.4.11 zaptel sources, and are working fine on a couple of systems.

You are correct, you need to create the directory structure that it expects.

Let me know how you go...

Bob

dicko

Just a wild one, but I have found this before,

press ESC as you boot and select a kernel that is NOT xen based, don't know why this "preference" is in Elastix, especially after a "yum update" , but I have seen it several times, funnily enough (read irony here) , much hardware (old, small, or otherwise) will not support these kernels.

If that works edit your grub config to suit.

just my 2cents worth.

elastixguy3

Bob,

Tried compiling with Elastix source code, but gave me so many errors that I gave up. Then tried again with the TB one, this time it worked and the system seems stable. The card is finally working :woohoo: :woohoo:

dicko,

Yeah I've seen that happen too, isn't it a bug?? Quite annoying and frequent when you upgrade using yum.

Thanks folks and hope this topic can help others having similar issues, post here to let us know ;)

ElastixGuy the Third (because I forgot password of first account and never received confirmation email for the second :unsure: )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen