Blocking Calls

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisisearth, Feb 12, 2009.

1. chrisisearth

Hi Guys,

We have a shared office and in order to keep the phone bill in order we would like to do the following:

We want to block all international calls except Ireland -> UK and Ireland -> France and Ireland -> South Africa!

I was just wondering, Does anyone know where this can be set in elastix ? or even in asterisk itself?

Your help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

chris

2. dicko

chrisisearth:

The "outbound route dialplan" is there for precisely that reason. If yoiu hover over the bit on the left a popup should give you all the info you need. (Basically it matches the "most significant digits" progressively and if the is no match, there is no route. My guess is your in Eire so if 00 is what you dial for international

0044. allows UK
    0033. allows France
    etc.

Allows your International calls
    then add
    NZ.
    for your Incountry calls, assuming that you never dial any call in Ireland begining with 0, (Z is 0-9, N is 1-9, X is 2-9) ."." is any number of anything else. If you are lucky enough to live ion a country with "closed" dialing (where all numbers are the same length, ore a specific and limited set of lengths, i.e. land-line one length, cell phones another)than you can be more precise and eliminate the need for terminating the dial with # or waiting for timeout. for example in the NANP all calls are 1NXXNXXXXXX (no need for the terminating period)

A similar process can be used on your various trunks to mask "dialaround access" from the users wher + adds and | removes part of the string ultimately presented to the trunk. These also work in the outbound routes and are useful for "normalizing" local strings to long distance strings.

(You can further setup a password protected "International Outbound Route" that allows these dial patterns if the user has "the knowledge" )

3. chrisisearth

Cheers Mate,

Worked like a Charm!

Thanks