Block outbound calls using wildcard?

tumbleweed

Hi all

Is there any way of blocking for example by country code?

Thanks

fmvillares

black lists...or manual programming using manipulation of caller id received...its not difficult but not easy for beginners.

tumbleweed

Thanks Fernando

I did look at Blacklist, but it appears this is for inbound. I need to block certain outbound calls. I do have this working under "Misc Applications", but the problem is I can only block a whole number at a time. It would be a huge bonus if I could block prefix such as 00372xxxxxxx etc.

Thanks

dicko

Use outbound routes but send the calls to a "bogus" trunk, they will get a "call cannot be completed " message, or more completely, build a loop-back trunk to 127.0.0.1 and have those calls go through that trunk and then return to the destination of your choice, through a corollary inbound route, perhaps a recording stating they will be fired if they try that again :)

The loopback trunk might look as simple as:-

trunk description: loopback
trunk name: loopback

peer details:
host=127.0.0.1
type=peer

user context: loopback
user details:
context=from-internal

tumbleweed

Thanks guys

Works ok with a bogus trunk using another outbound route, also works with several lines of country codes.

mm.alpha2k

Re: Re:Block outbound calls using wildcard?

jajja, It goodism Dicko, I would never have thought, I would have assembled a mysql with php. Or the way you said Fernando.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feparra121