Blank PBX page, Please Helo

elastixlover

I have read, but have not found a solution or not so smart to understand it, Also tried the solution for if in Elastix without tears page284 July5,2009 Edition, but no sucess either

This is the link (https://192.168.xxx.xxx/index.php?menu=pbxconfig) were is blank now but before I upgraded, unembedded pbx worked fine.

Please help

Thanks.

alang

Please make sure that the UI password you set does't contain any special characters such as -;':... etc.

elastixlover

Yes, it does not contain special caracters only numbers and LettErSs it's long 12 digit, but no caracters

But thanks for the advice

Anybody there?

Lee Sharp

There is a bug with the 2.0.3 version that allows a kernal upgrade that it should not. The easiest way (unfortunately) is to reinstall with 2.0.2 and upgrade, or with 2.0.3 and upgrade Elastix before the rest of the system.

If you need to keep the current system in place, you will need to remove the upgraded kernel.

fmvillares

nope thats not the answer...its just not broke anything vital relax....embedded freepbx is crap...so use the unembebdded from now on dont reinstall nothing...
just go to https://your ip/admin and relax put admin and your password and voila...all pbx functions and more are there in the real working freepbx native environment...all other functions are working ok and nothing gets broken...

Lee Sharp

While I do not totally disagree with your assessment, that is not a "fix" but a "work around." And are you totally sure that the kernel upgrade did not break anything else? ;)

fmvillares

well i was one of the initial guys here since 2007 and i left active developing and beta testing 4 months ago after the rant i make for this type of bugs....saying that ...
the kernel change only affects dahdi wanpipe and rhino drivers....its solvable with a trivial solution..download and recompile rhino sangoma wanpipe and dahdi driver (5 minutes work)...and the change of the freepbx its not a workaround...its a solution to me because ruins all crappy embebded function !!! if you see the freepbx admin folder it has lots of modules inside it...if you see elastix one it has the same but older cripple modules but instead of sharing the same libraries it has repeated them in other place.../var/www/html/modules so you end with the same 2 programs but in 2 different versions in 2 differente places...thats why all of us in the developers meetings always recomend using only unembebded...see ya

Lee Sharp

I agree with your assessment, but my point was that for a new user it may have risks. Like when he puts a Rhino card in later and can't figure out why it won't work. Or when he sets up Fax later, and can't follow the instructions... The Embedded system has major issues, but it is a part of Elastix. Rip it out, and you have a custom "Elastix Based" system that can be a challenge for some to work with. (But easier for others...)

fmvillares

Re: Re:Blank PBX page, Please Helo

exactly...thats my point...elastix should not be used by newbies in serious environments...so this is good..because it could let a newbie to take in account that he has to study first until he know how to work in a corporate pbx environment...
if it broken in a test platform we could get to the basics and repair it...if it is broken because we are learning in a production environment well your next step is to take the bus after you re fired :)

Lee Sharp

Oh crap! I am learning in my production environment all the time. :)

fmvillares

if your work its not at risk do what you please jeje...

insanepartyguy

I don't think that is a fair statement, I work for an MSP managing windows servers but we take on clients with elastix/trixbox's all the time. I am forced to work with them regardless of my level of experience.
Help us newbies!
we need it. Thanks to all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen