Blackberry to Asterisk

Discussion in 'General' started by qvicio, Jun 15, 2010.

1. qvicio

I have plenty of time looking for a solution to connect a blackberry device to asterisk ... but I have not been lucky

Has anyone been able to directly connect your BlackBerry device to asterisk or through a provider type skype?

I await your responses.

A Greeting.

2. Amphibian

To my knowledge there are no after-market apps for BB to work with sip & WiFi. Carriers are very protective of their air time monies they get from minutes you pay for every month.

There are some VoIp providers out there that charge like $6-7.00 US money for a "encrypted tunnel" through their system back to your PBX.

From the other forums I belong to as it stands now you probably won't see any apps for BB that take full advantage of WiFi/Sip for at least another year, if then.

That was the only thing keeping me from buying one. I check about every 6 months to see if there are any new sip client software for BB, as of yet, no go.

Beware of some so called apps offering you sip on your BB, they actually charge for the service and most don't work.

Although if you find one, let me know how it works if it's free and really uses Sip with WiFi.

Amphibian

3. qvicio