Bind each trunk to seperate WAN interface?

antone

If I have multiple outgoing WAN interfaces, is it possible to bind a SIP trunk to a certain Interface? So that I can have say 4 SIP trunks connected each out through a different WAN connection, either PPPOE DSL or Ethernet port?

Thanks
AntonE

antone

So I assume this is not possible at all? Asterisk assumes 1 Internet connection is enough or you live in Europe/America where bandwidth is bountifull? :)

AntonE

dicko

It is possible but not directly by Asterisk/FreePBX/Elastix , Asterisk will bind to all interfaces by default, you will have to set up routing on your network to suit your network.

True, this is not trivial, especially if masquerading (NAT) is also involved , but if/when you understand routing, it will be transparent to Asterisk and Elastix, the SIP trunk traffic will just be routed by the server's ip/name according to your routing tables.

So not directly an Elastix/Asterisk problem, and unfortunately there is nothing in the distribution that will make it easy for you, so if you don't yet know how to route, then perhaps Webmin's gui and a few hours with a IP routing manual will help get you there.

dicko

antone

Thanks for the reply.
Routing is not problem for me. However, I have only 1 VOIP provider so the destination address is the same for all my accounts. Maybe I can convince them to enable different ports then.

But thanks again, at least now I know I'll have to make a plan outside of Elastix/Asterisk.

AntonE

antone

Is there way to have Asterisk use different port numbers than the default 5060 for trunk connections?
If I can setup each trunk to connect on a different port, then at least I can router different ports through different WAN interfaces on our routers.
Our routers can then make the port 5060 again to match VoIP provider, but at least have a kind of load sharing between trunks on different WAN interfaces.

The other alternative is to have more than 1 Elastix server, but that will complicate things drastically when it comes to managing trunks and extentions.

fmvillares

Re: Re:Bind each trunk to seperate WAN interface?

port parameter and bind port ...seek in voip-info.org about sip.conf parameetrs to add

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr