BILLING REPORTS PROBLEM

Discussion in 'General' started by striderec, Apr 3, 2009.

1. striderec

Greetings,

I currently am using Elastix 1.3.x and everything has been working fine. Lately, I've decided to offer calls to friends and a small group of customers at reasonable rates. For that reason, I started to use the Billing Report from Elastix.

Things seem to work fine except for two things:

1) When someone calls using a DISA configuration I created, the CDR report REGISTERS that call perfectly but the Billing Report doesn't. I've configured a special context and a trunk that is set as "billing capable" and nothing. The CDR report shows that the call was made using the trunk I'm monitoring for the billing report so it's not a problem of the trunk since calls originated from my PBX using the same trunk are in the blling report. What could it be?

2) I want to charge a small per-minute fee for every incoming call to my PBX. The IP-PBX I have in another country works very well, the billing report registers both the incoming and outgoing calls perfectly but the one I have here in my office doesn't work like that one. Again, the CDR report works great, all phone calls are registered there but the billing report doesn't. Why is that? Any suggestions?

Thank you all so much in advance,

- Paul Fabre

2. fraggle4

After playing around for ages with this feature, I found the trick was NOT to specify a billable trunk apart from the ones you specify in the default rate setup. If you import billing tables, the format would look like this:

Prefix;
    9099;Cel;250.0;0.00;None

Also if you need other users besides the Elastix administrator to access the Billing you need to carefully follow this guide from Mrembedded:

http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... 9&id=14186

For me this is the one feature that made me switch over from trixbox, so I hope the Elastix developers will keep improving it.

3. fraggle4

Oops missed out most of the format line....

Should be:

Prefix;Name;Rate;Rate Offset;Trunk

eg 9099;Cel;250.0;0.00;None