big problem with elastix 1.4

shlomi

hi guys

i have big isuue

for some resone from time to time 1 or 2 calls stuk in the elastix
i can see then in the flash panel but the phons show that all lines are avaliblie
and when i try to call out i canot
so i need to reset the elastix to relase that

the calls that stuk can wait there more then 12 H
the persone on the other line hangup long time ago

how can i know what cuse this and fix it

best regards

Bob

The first issue is that 1.4 never got to stable, and generally not recommended for Production use unless you are fully aware of the issues. So the recommendation is to update to 1.5.2. (but as it is a production server, take all precautions, including having configs printed out and a fresh 1.5.2 ISO, ready for a re-install, just in case - the change to dahdi and other changes is a reasonable change)

However, 1.4 was useable, and it may be a simple fix for your issue, but we will need more details.

e.g. what trunks are you using SIP, IAX, PSTN, E1, T1?

If you are using PSTN, did you implement the change to kewlstart (which was an issue with Asterisk in the initial 1.4 beta versions). Is it possible that your lines cannot handle this change? (which has an impact on the hangup capabilities).

More info please

Bob

shlomi

tnx for the fast replay

i have zap setup in my machine and this is client system so i am in big problem

for the next i will setup the 1.5.2

i have analog lines simple (if you call it PSTN so be it)

and all my broblam began with the hangup isuues

i did not setup some fix since i install the system

or setup some setting in the files

the hangup capabilities is very bad and someting ppl hangup and the line steel open
or when some one put on hold client and i want to call outbound call the i get the client that puts on hold in my line

what can cuse this isuues so badly

ramoncio

Yes, it looks as an issue with the hangup detection.
Does your telco use polarity reversals for signalling?
Here in Spain, we use the parameters

hanguponpolarityswith=yes
answeronpolarityswith=yes

in zapata.conf, because Telefonica (the main telco provider) uses it, but if you don't have polarity reversals you need to use

busydetect=yes
busycount=N (N=3,4,5,6,...)

Try with different values of busycount to suit your needs.
You also should define your right country into indications.conf
The most important for you is the busy tone. Asterisk "listens to" the tones and tries to detect a busy tone as defined in indications.conf.
First select your country (if you haven't done it yet) and try with the default tone settings, and if it doesn't work you'll need to reconfigure the busy tone properly.
Have a look at this article, if you can't read Spanish try google translate or similars:

http://medellinasterisk.blogspot.com/20 ... logas.html

Bob

As you haven't made any changes, then ignore the kewlstart issue.

Follow what Ramoncio said as it is pretty well spot on.

My personal preference is the BusyDetect with the Busycount as it works for most systems that do not correctly detect carrier hangup.

However it can have its issues. Found it almost useless in a warehouse situation, as the forklift trucks and trucks when reversing have the repetative tone which triggers the busydetect. The busy detect looks for a tone (noise) that is repetative in timing and tone (which in 99% of cases is an engaged/hangup tone), so it works well.

If you do have an environment that has these noises, then increasing the busycount to 8+ normally fixes this issue, but naturally it will take longer to hangup. This might be 30-60 seconds, but at least it is better then no hangup or not hanging up for 12 hours.

Regards

Bob

ramoncio

You should also run fxotune in your fxo's, because if you have echo the tone detection is not too accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13