Best Way to Implement Calling Tree?

Discussion in 'General' started by dcparris, Apr 10, 2008.

1. dcparris

Out of curiosity, what is the best way to implement a calling tree in Elastix? We want our users to be able to record a message and have the system auto-dial and deliver the message to appropriate co-workers.

Is there a module I can install, or does someone have a pointer to a good tutorial on this? I have been searching Google, and either need to tweak my search terms, or am simply having difficulty finding what I want. I prefer FOSS solutions over non-Free, if at all possible. Obviously, it should work with Elastix. ;-)

Nice system, btw. I'm still in relatively early stages of this VOIP adventure, but this is one of the better implementations I've seen, out of the box.

Thanks,
    Don

2. DaveD

If the co-workers have voice mail on there extensions why not just dial *ext-number and record the message, unless I have mis read what you want

By dialing * and ext number it goes direct to there voice mail

3. dcparris

Yes, I should have been more clear. Sorry about that. We want the system to deliver the messages to co-workers automatically, and to their cell or home phones, as the case may be. Many churches implement something similar where one member calls and records a message, which is in turn delivered to everyone's home phone. We just have different reasons.

I also wouldn't want to manually dial a large number of in-house extensions, if the need arises while everyone is in the office.

4. dcparris

Looks like Teleyapper is what I want:
    http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=209

Looks like different people call it different things. Phone blasting, phone trees, message broadcasting, etc.

I'll see if I can follow the tutorial to install and configure it.