Best Setup For Multi-Location Call Center

Discussion in 'General' started by mstopkey, Mar 8, 2009.

1. mstopkey

Greetings all, I am running a call center currently using a very expensive Noble systems dialer. We are going to replace it with Elastix. I could use some help with decision on best way to setup. I was thinking an Elastix box in our Jamaica office connecting IAX through the currently established VPN to a main Elastix box in our San Antonio office which has the T-1 voice trunks on it.
    We are using SNOM 320 phones. Is this a good solution or should I just connect the Jamaica phones to the box here?
    We have 6Mb up/down Internet connections at both locations dedicated for VOIP.

Thanks for a prompt reply. I must move quickly. We are growing fast and I am tired of paying Noble systems $$$$$$$$$$$ for expansion.

2. Redfone

I think first you should probably ensure your basic underlying infrastructure can support your maximum concurrent call volume. So, say if you are terminating 92 calls (just throwing a number out there like 4x T1s) and routing those over your VPN via the Internet to 92 agents then you need to make sure your pipe can scale in terms of bandwidth, does not have high latency or jitter and can overall provide good call quality. You may want to do this by just setting up a couple of Elastix boxes between your two locations and begin pounding the network to see what it can take.

If that works out, then you can probably move on to deciding whether you want your remote agents to just login directly to your Elastix box or have a dedicated Elastix box at each location and some kind of VoIP trunk in between. Or if you have network issues maybe a good alternative would be to put a Elastix server in a data center somewhere closer to Jamaica or on a network with a closer connection to your Jamaican provider (probably Miami) and use that as the entry point for your agents and have that server trunk back to your San Antonio location.

One thing is for sure. The Noble people will miss your money. They have nice offices in Atlanta that must cost a lot of money to maintain.

3. mstopkey

Thanks for the input Redphone, We are currently running up to 40 concurrent SIP calls from Jamaica to the Noble dialer in San Antonio with 23% free bandwidth on that VPN. I am bring in a Fiber/Ethernet 8Mb hand-off in Jamaica to support just VOIP. Bandwidth in Jamaica is very expensive there fore that is why I was considering using on box in Jamaica IAX out to San Antonio box with the T-1 lines. One thing I do not yet know is can the box in SA pass a dialer inbound campaign call to the correct campaign group in Jamaica. I guess I am up for hiring someone for consultation and implementation help. Aslo, is there any traing available for me and my IT staff?

4. Redfone

Yeah, the integration between the two Elastix servers is an unknown to me. You might be better served contracting somebody to help you out. Try working with the Palosanto/Elastix people themselves. We've used them on a number of occasions to provide customization and other features in Elastix and they know their stuff.

Also, there is Elastix training coming up in Miami, Fl April 20-24. We will likely be hosting it. That might be a good opportunity to get your folks trained.

Best of luck,

Mark
    Redfone

5. Chilling_Silence

It should work, setup an IAX2 trunk between the two boxes and it ought to be able to do everything you need :)

6. mstopkey

Thanks for every one's input. I know my network is up to the task. I can easily scale both ends to 100Mb, and I have been tuning this network for 6 years. Latency for connection to remote site is very good and consistent. Please bear in mind that Jamaica is calling US numbers. I have two reasons for considering running a box at each location.
    1: I have heard that IAX is the best transport from one location to another as far as quality and bandwidth usage.
    2: I would like to have a PRI trunk in Jamaica for calls from US to Jamaica land lines so our remote site managers can call us from their homes in Jamaica across our VOIP.

I think we will proceed with IAX between the two locations. We expect to grow the Jamaica office to 200 + seats. Any and all input is highly valued. Thank you for your time. (PS) I have been testing every interface flavor out there, Elastix seems to be the best!
    (PSS) By the way, my machine in San Antonio is a Dell 2950, 2X 2.5 Ghz Xeon, 8Gb Ram, 3 X 15K SAS in RAID 5, 64bit machine capable of trunking 12 PRI's. Is there ant projection as to when Elastix 1.5 64Bit would be ready for production? I would really like to use that here.

7. mstopkey

Side note: I have a Dell 1-Tb EqualLogic PS5000E iSCSI Array box connected to Elastix machine's second NIC. Does anyone see any problem with storing call recordings there? I currently have it configured to do so.