behind NAT extension call? cheap video phone @ebay

Discussion in 'General' started by jman, Oct 16, 2010.

1. jman

I found a really good cheap phone @ebay. It is sip compliance and has wifi. check this out. @ebay

I am not affiliated with the seller. Please, do your own investigation before you buy them.

Anyway, I am buying 2 of them. I am going to install them as my extension behind NAT. My Elastix is a outside my NAT at public IP hosted at http://RentPBX.com . I do not usually care with voice call. However, this time I would like to make sure that the media packets does not leave my home network. Basically, I want the call between the phones bridged. Do you guys know if it is possible to bridge extensions behind NAT with server in public? FYI, my motive is to save bandwidth and I do not want to have my video travel through internet as one of the phones will be set in bed room.

Thanks

2. jman

I have the phone for a couple days. It work great. I am really happy for the price. Setup is bit tedious since it does not have full keyboard. Wifi signal is suprisingly strong. I have good quality in my house.

The brigde setup is no go. I have set canreinvite to yes. I hope someone can suggest something.