Behind firewall with NAT ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Xenoside, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Xenoside

Feb 23, 2011

I am still learning
    Currently Lan calls to IP Phones or softphones work.

but External IP phones will register and be able to call the Lan phones or other external phones but voice is either 1 way or none at all.

Having the Xorcom behind the firewall I think is causing nat translation issues.
    I have port Forwarded the external IP to the internal ip of the Xorcom.
    I even added the nat=yes canreinvite=no qualify=yes to the Sip.conf

I tried setting up an ARP on the edgewater but i removed it as it did more bad than good.

but nothing seems to work.

I would just put the Xorcom infront of the Firewall except it only has one nic.
    so i would have to go to the wan to communicate with each other even internally.

Any one give me some good Ideas.
  2. dicko

Oct 24, 2008
    By default the rtp connections "audio payload" will be between 10000 and 20000 UDP, these connections must be forwarded to/from the Asterisk server WITHOUT port translation, just address translation,

"Elastix Without Tears" will explain how to set up a relevant sip*.conf file to suit , please never mess with the root sip.conf (or any of these root files) or you will be sorry, just read the top of them.

If you have done all that and it doesn't work then it is a mis-configuration on your firewall/pnat box.