Been there, done... not quite that!!

Discussion in 'General' started by sergiogm2000, Feb 14, 2008.

1. sergiogm2000

This is the response to:
    Version 1.0 FreePBX module error - 2008/02/12 19:50
    B)
    Hi that same thing happened to me when I did that, I guess we are two of the few who are evaluating this such great distro, hehe, anyways, this is what I've done.

download the tar.gz, untar it and manually install it.

you can use the src directory if you want but you can do that on any directory at all.

wget http://mirror.freepbx.org/freepbx-2.4.0.tar.gz
    tar zxvf freepbx-2.4.0.tar.gz
    cd freepbx-2.4.0

"this lines confused me a little bit but in your case you don't need to start the service 'cause Elastix comes to start the service automatically."

./start_asterisk start # for upgrades use: ./amportal start

"just run this command inside the freepbx-2.4.0 directory and it will work without a problem.

./install_amp

after doing that you can return to the online check for updates in the freepbx portal and you're way to go, now you're going to be able to upgrade ALL the packages painless.
    I hope this could help you and any other with this issue.
    By the way here's the link where I found how to solve this:
    http://www.freepbx.org/support/document ... our-system

I also upgraded openfire to the lastest version and installed webmin and it's not that hard, just google your questions and you'll find the way to solve that and as someone said you can use much of trixbox docs and is pretty much the same but be carefull to first use the elastix proved solution before trying other's distro documentation.

I will try to write all of my issues into one single file to post it, but don't rely on that soon hehehe<br><br>Post edited by: sergiogm2000, at: 2008/02/14 09:54

2. sergiogm2000

This post is a response to: