Backup System / Restore Points

dfmrego

Hello,

I'm still testing Elastix, congratulations for you work.

One of the things I feel need is a more robust backup system.

I've been reading the post of the forum and most of the posts about Backups is regarding shedules, I believe developers will give it to us on the next release but i miss some options, more for initial setup and testing, like:
-The possibility to choose or edit the name of the backup file
-A field for notes/comments (what have I changed)
-Details on backup file (ex: what options I selected to backup)
-The possibility to choose a remote location (partition, disk, pen, lan, ftp) for backup files

As we can enable or disable a debug mode, sometimes it would be nice to have a solution like Windows Restore Point. When enable all changes are monitored and when detected, a backup is made.

Best Regards,
;)
DR

Megabyte

Hi, you can have an schedule backup in freepbx, but that post its very good and very good sugestions, there is a forum that you can post what users want to be released or take into consideration for the next release.

Patrick_elx

two main software were discussed previously regarding backup:

clonezilla: excellent, but need to stop the server during the copy.
mondobackup: work as a cron service

Both can backup on a DVD, ftp, samba, local hard drive...

Clonezilla is really straight forward. I've used it many times to restore and never had any issue.

Mondo is easy to backup, but I had many small issues to successfully restore. It's more an operator problem than a software limitation. Still learning how to use it efficiently.

But I would agree that having mondo (or another automatic full backup solution) in the Elastix distribution would be great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz