BACKUP SAFER WAY HOW TO?

nikpangr

This is my first communication with you..Congratulation for the exxelent team work you ve made.I follow you from 2009 with several installations..
I d like to ask your opinion about which is the safer and most common way to backup all the work you do in asterisk and elastix (concerning updates trunks lines etc).
Which is your proposition for a safe and working backup for the system in case of dissaster (and im not talking about mirror or raid),i mean about get all the configurations and updates restored to a new system at the same pc with the same h/w configuration...
Thanks in advance for your answers....;)

dicko

I suggest Mondoarchive, it just works (You have to read the manual a little if you change the hardware)

dicko

nikpangr

i read and i see a lot of bugs...how can i install it can you give me any address? i use elastix 2 beta for testing now...and i like to meke some tests for backup..
thanks in advance...;)

dicko

I am not aware of any more than some very rare and esoteric bugs.

to install mondorescue try, from bash:

rm -f /etc/yum.repos.d/mondo*.rep;wget -P /etc/yum.repos.d/ mondorescue.muskokamug.org/rhel/5/mondorescue.repo; yum -y install mondo; yum -y update mondo

as a "one-liner" this has been posted more than once on here, you should maybe try the "search box" at the top if you really want to learn about stuff (searching for the term mondoarchive would have answered your post largely already).

dicko

p.s.

while your searching try TERM=vt100 to get you passed a rather visually frustrating restore to very different hardware, at least if you haven't read the manual

nikpangr

i usually read the manual before i ask a question...its something i ve missed ..sorry and thnks a lot...i manage to do it it was easy enough .Thanks a lot for your immediate help..Obliged....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen