Backup/Restore Virtual - VMware Server 2 to ESXI 4

loanrefi

Hi,

A)
I was runing elastix 1.5.2 on VMware Server 2 (unhappy with performance), Ubuntu Server 8.04 as host

B)
I installed elastix 1.6.0 32bit on ESXI 4, made no special configurations or even change to static IP

C) On my working Elastix 1.5.2 running on VMware Server 2 I ran this command to backup the whole system;

logged in as root; sudo su & cd to /
The command I used is;
tar cvpzf backup.tgz --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found --exclude=/backup.tgz --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/sys /

D) Once I had a backup completed I moved it over to ESXI Elastix 1.6.0 and restore with this command in root directory as root;
tar xvpfz backup.tgz -C /

E) Once the backup was restored into Elastix 1.6.0 it had most of my settings so now I had to make adjustments as follows;

1. yum update yum
2. yum update
3. yum update elastix
4. FreePBX Update Modules per upgrade tools instructions, final stage no errors.
5. My inbount outbound VoIP Provider Settings were missing so I added them
6. Openfire & Sugar CRM were working but I had to remove and re-install AvantFax

**7. My Elastix 1.6.0 is almost stable but Fax Visor, Inbound Faxing is not working. I had to re-create my VirtualFax lines with same settings but its not working. I do have NV_Fax installed but I don't know where to begin.

Has something change in the setup of VirtualFax in Elastix 1.6.0? Can someone help me troubleshoot this VirtualFax issue?

I would greatly appreciated!

loanrefi

vi /etc/asterisk/iax_general_custom.conf
Just add this line
calltokenoptional = 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

Fix the issue. Inbound/outbound faxing is working. AvantFax is working as well but Fax Visor is not. I don't mind Fax Visor not working!!

Done!

MasterXP

Hi loanrefi.

How is working your Virtualized ELASTIX?

Do you have PCI Cards (Sangoma, Digium, etc) or are you using gateways?

I'm thinking on Virtualize my asterisk servers but all have SANGOMA cards.

Can you please give to me some details.

Thanks.

loanrefi

Sure, I'll give you all details you need.

No SANGOMA cards.

I build a server myself with a dual Xeon Quad Core 2.5 16G Memmory 1T Hardrive ESXI 4 installed hosting 5 VMS (2 x WinSer2003k,2x Linux 9.10 Server 64 & 8.10LTS 32 Desktop Plus XP Pro & Latest Stable: Elastix 1.6 32 bits).

All I have is VoIP provider no cards, My only issue I have after the upgrade to Elastix 1.6 is outbound Fax "Virtual Fax" not working but I'll work on that later. My fax machines do work with a a Linksys PAP2 Adapter.

I haven't dealt with SANGOMA cards so I don't think I can give you info your looking for but if you need anything else let me know.

I did work with Lantronix LAN to Serial adapter but only windoze not linux yet. Here is the link to the adapter just for info;

http://www.lantronix.com/device-network ... s1100.html

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc