Backup restore problem

Discussion in 'General' started by hmn566, Apr 2, 2010.

1. hmn566

Hi every one.
    after a month using elastix i got kernel panic.
    i reinstalled it and restore the backup but two problem i had. after restoring the backup, the extension were able to dial outside the company, but the couldnt call each other. after dialing *65 it was announced ( your extension nomber is ) and with out saying the extension number got busy tone.
    I deleted all extension and add them again, after that the extension nomber was ok but the nombers which had follow me was busy till i remove the follow me and add it again.
    any idea?

2. mbit

Hi

Basically the problem is when you do the restore it restores all the data back to the mysql database. When you hit the red bar it does put most of the configuration back but not all of it. To get all the extensions working properly the config needs to be written to the astdb file. The only way to do this is to go into each extension and hit submit. Once you have done this in all the extensions then hit the red bar it will work.

3. fmvillares

hey alfio that behaviour was of freepbx 2.4 and before...if you upgrade to 2.5/6/7 the systems works like a charm every time you do a backup or restore...
    of course a backup of old elastix is no good but if you do the correct upgrading and backup/restore procedure works perfect...

4. hmn566

Thanks gentlemen. i will test next restore and will put the result