Backup issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Cerino88, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Cerino88

Hi al Elastix Community!!

That's my problem, i have a stable working version of Elastix 0.9.2-4 configured for my home system, but had only 4 Gb HD and wanna replace by a 80 Gb Hd.
    After many unsuccesfully tries with Ghost and many others related softwares , i thinked to use the backup function of elastix and i followed this procedure:

1 : From the working system web guy i maked a backup of all
    2 : Used WinSCP to trasfer via ssh the backup file from /var/www/html/backup/elastixbackup-2008xxxxxxxxxxxx.tgz in my Desktop PC
    3 : Installed a fresh Elastix System (same version 0.9.2-4) on the 80GbHD and runned. Setted the same IP that i had on my 4GbHD System.(to do no modification on settings of router NAT)
    4: Used WinSCP to trasfer via ssh the backup file to /var/www/html/backup/elastixbackup-2008xxxxxxxxxxxx.tgz from my Desktop PC where i putted before.
    5: From the Fresh System web guy i restored the backup SET.

I thinked this might work but... that's is happened:

entering FOP i show nothing, no trunks, no extension, no queue, nothing...
    then i entered in pbx config in extension menu
    and there was all my settings, i selected 1 randomly and cliccked "submit" making no changes.
    clicked on "Apply configuration changes"
    (i think all this can be made by an "amportal restart" but i made like this)
    Now on fop i see All trunks and extension working and register but....
    all dial i tried results in BUSY
    if i call an other extensions or CHANUNAVAILABLE if use an outbond trunks..

Can anyone help me??

I need too to have the assurance that backup's work for migrate to the new Elastix 1.
    I hate to remake all my configuration every time i istall a new version..

THX in advantage to all for reply
    Davide

2. Cerino88

I solved with a little trick and i think there is a little modify to do in backup module

i solved in this way:

I'm gone to tha pbx configuration in extensions section
    i selected the first extension and clicked submit without made any changes.
    From that moment the extension worked right.
    I made same for all my extension and all worked correcly.

I think the problem is that:

when u click submit on a extension, the system will write the configuration in a .conf file, and that is exported correctly, but the system also write "something" other "elsewhere", that is not backed up by the module. Then when u follow the procedure that i described up, u will write the "something" other, in the "elsewhere" and the extension start to work.

Pls check this to make more easy to export a configuration from a working system in a fresh installation system.

THX in advantage

Davide

3. Cerino88

For a complete working backup , i had also need to manual copy on the new machine of the file: /etc/postfix/main.cf (That i modified on the working system to use my ISP SMTP server, cause is the only way that i have to receive mail from elastix)

I had also need to copy the Music on Hold directory cause the music that was on the working system was non backed up automatically by module.

Now the new server is completely backed up from the old working system.

Thx for attention

Davide

4. jsfix

hey man just do a gosth image with bartpe or disk to disk for other disk with more capacity without loss any changes of your configuration