Backup Issue Resolution

Discussion in 'General' started by rejil.rajan, May 28, 2007.

1. rejil.rajan

The PBX backup does not happen as the files in the folder /va/lib/asterisk/bin does not have the permission. Execute chmod 777 * from the folder and the backup should start working<br><br>Post edited by: rejil.rajan, at: 2007/05/28 08:32

2. adminad

Thanks a lot Rejil,

Did not you get a blank page under the freePBX module?

3. rejil.rajan

There are some more additional steps to be done to make this work. First the /tmp folder should have also the permission. We can take a backup and restore it, but we have to also create sym links in the folder /var/lib/asterisk/bin for ampbackup.pl, audio-email.pl,restoreastdb.php,dumpastdb.php,retrieve_backup_cron_from_mysql.pl. This will make the backup and restore work. But the backup from 0.73 to 0.8 still gives a blank screen

4. lek

lek Guest

Dear Rejil,

We have discovered what's happening.

The freePBX version in Elastix 0.7* was hacked to provide an automatic authentication method against the Elastix's user database. This database used in 0.7* was sqlite 2.

In the freePBX version that comes in Elastix 0.8 the database engine changed to sqlite 3.

The fact is that freePBX restores everything including the freePBX software itself... this means that freePBX gets rid of our sqlite 3 support because it is restoring files based in sqlite 2.

That means that if you restore freePBX you will get an older version of freePBX.

I think We will be hacking freePBX to correct this issues but at this time We recommend to you just replace one file to get the things working.

Attached to this message you will find a file called config.tar.gz. Uncompress this file using "tar -xvzf config.tar.gz" and replace the config.php file in /var/www/html/admin/

Tell me if this worked for you.

http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/config.gz<br><br>Post edited by: admin, at: 2007/05/28 18:50

5. jr_oblika

FreePbx BackUp not working !!

6. lek

lek Guest

Rejil,

The patch works for you?

7. jr_oblika

I "patch" Elastix, --> Fixing process completed successfully
    restart, make new Backup rule, nothing to do!

I check the permission of /var/lib/asterisk/bin
    and /va/lib/asterisk/backups both are 777 !

Thank's

8. lek

lek Guest

Dear jr_oblika,

So, the script works for you?

Did you not need to do anything else?<br><br>Post edited by: edgar, at: 2007/06/01 08:59

9. jr_oblika

Thank's edgar!

But as you see, I patch the Elastix and pbx backup still not work. I make new rule, everything look fine, but backup file not created !

It must be some reason ?

10. jr_oblika

I make a new instaltion 0.8.1 and BackUp not work !

??

11. lek

lek Guest

12. jr_oblika

No I don't hae a file: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/ampbackup.pl

13. lek

lek Guest

14. lek

lek Guest

This bugfix will be available in the next 0.8.3 version