Backup file upload

Discussion in 'General' started by johruss, Aug 26, 2010.

1. johruss

Hello!

I have installed with great pleasure Elastix on our business server.
    It runs fine. As I had some problems with networking on Hyper-v I got it running on Virtual box and configured it there. Now I have managed to get the Elastix + OS running on Hyper-V I would like to transfer my configuration for administration reasons.

I have found how to export the backup .tar file, but I can't find how to upload it.
    Could someone help me from this very reactive forum (I'm impressed ! -congratulations!)?
    :cheer:

2. Awesomo

Under system then backup/restore, set-up a backup, run the backup, specify an ftp server, drag the file, save it. There is no way to do it automatically with the built in module.

Second way, once you create the .tar file. Log into your server with winscp, Navigate to the directory where you saved the .tar, and transfer it to your pc. (With the backup module it's /var/www/backup

3. johruss

Thanks for your answer. I'm not sure I expressed my problem properly; You can do what you say by using the browser, by cliking the link on the backup filename to download it.
    My problem is to upload it back to the machine wich runs on Hyper-V.
    Do you know how to do this?

4. dicko

put the tar file into /var/www/backup/ on the new machine it should show up in the backup/restore page, then click restore.
    dicko

p.s.

Hyper-V ? why on earth might I ask? don't you care about performance or stability (or Tuesdays?) ? (JM2CWAE :) )

5. johruss

Thanks!

It works!

I use Hyper-V because it is the most integrated tool in 2008 R2 OS, and administration is much easier than with virtulBox for instance.
    The automatic startup and shut down is very easy to configure.
    I allready have microsoft exchange running on virtual box, and Open ERP.
    I don't want to bother with another virtualisation machine.

6. dicko

then just for the hell of it please post the output of

dahdi_test -c 50

do it again when the host is busy . .

dicko

7. johruss

average 98.7!
    Will it work?

8. dicko

No, get some Kevlar undershorts, your ass will soon be bitten.

dicko

9. johruss

Help!

Is there a better virtualisation machine?

10. dicko

Almost any other one that doesn't come from Redmond, some would say (myself included) that m$ are pretty well incompetent in making anything but money, and that would be your money!!

But realistically you will need a hardware solution, virtualization is good for email and webservers, it generally totally sucks for Asterisk to this point in time. (not that I don't use it myself, but it cost me more than a little effort). 300 bucks spent on a cheap atom hardware platform will normally outperform almost any vm, and that without any "blood sweat or tears" (or Kevlar)

dicko

11. johruss

I don't fear the pain.
    But still, honestly I prefer fighting an Elastix intallation on Hyper V than setting up another hardware solution, with no fail-safe solution, no raid, no image backups...
    Whats more, the server it runs on is very decent with 2 Intel Xeon series 55, and fast raid. Could you please tell me what you change in the parameters to get it faster on the dahdi?

12. dicko

Good Luck, IMHO you just can't build a production server in Hyper-V, sorry.

dicko