AvantFax - Reset password

Discussion in 'General' started by DjBac, Sep 10, 2009.

1. DjBac

I've managed to not remember my login credentials to avantfax. Is there a way to reset it? Or even reset avantfax settings?

2. dicko

Apart from scolding a user for "losing my password" which is really stupid :) , There is a script on your machine called rh-uninstall.sh, (and it's corollary rh-install.sh),
    depending on how you installed avantfax, maybe in:

/usr/share/avantfax/tmp/rh-uninstall.sh

if you went the the Elastix rpm way, maybe somewhere else if you rolled your own. (find / -name 'rh-install.sh' )

which will uninstall avantfax, (obviously, rh-install.sh will reinstall)

if you take care to check your /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.ttyIAX* files for duplicate lines at the end, It might work for you (IWFM) you might want to edit your rh-prefs.txt file to suit your needs before reinstalling.

ramoncio (our fearless avantfax guru) will I'm sure eventually post the "proper way"

3. auffant

Did you ever followed Dicko's recommendatio. I did and for some reason now can't get web gui to work. The systems still works. It's wear.

4. dicko

you need to move/edit /etc/hhtpd/conf.d/avantfax.conf to suit your needs.

5. ramoncio

To change AvantFax lost admin password you can do it from the linux console:

Code:
    echo "update UserAccount set password='`echo -n newpassword|md5sum|cut -d ' ' -f 1`' where username='admin';"|mysql -uroot -peLaStIx.2oo7 avantfax

(all in one line)

This sets the password to 'newpassword', change it to whatever you like.

6. emendoza41

I have tried the above code from a Linux console:

~ $ echo "update UserAccount set password='`echo -n newpassword|md5sum|cut -d ' ' -f 1`' where username='admin';"|mysql -uroot -peLaStIx.2oo7 avantfax

I receive:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

any help would be truly appreciated...thhx in advance