AVANTFAX is a MUST!!!!

ramoncio

stilllearning said:
ramoncio said:
Did you install Avantfax using a rpm? Try to uninstall it first.

rpm -qa |grep avantfax
rpm -e --nodeps elastix-avantfax

And then try to install it again.
Hi Ramoncio,

Thankyou for the prompt reply, that has now fixed the issue and I can now login ok. Wonder what went wrong, just one more issue I have, when I get a inbound fax I dont recieve an email with it.

Looking at cli this is part of the log where I see an error..

-- Executing [s@ext-fax:4] RxFAX("SIP/myvsp-0000000f", "/var/spool/aster
-- Cannot open target TIFF file '/var/spool/asterisk/fax/1270969368.15.tif'
[FaxReceived ERROR] result (41) TIFF/F file cannot be opened.

For some unknown reason I dont have a folder called "fax" in /var/spool/asterisk so nothing is happening any ideas..

EDIT

I had to create a directory called "fax" in /var/spool/asterisk and now I could recieve inbound faxes which are emailed to me , but when I login into Avantfax my inbox is empty.
Hi stillearning,

This means you are using asterisk's RxFAX and not the iaxmodems for receiving faxes.
You will need to configure in your inbound routes the proper fax detection (if you need it) and the proper iax2 fax extension as destination.

ramoncio

iraj.kheirati said:
dear Ramonico

hello

when i edit coverpage fields to sendfax in avantfax,and i send fax to other user,when other user received fax,cover page not changed.means it is same original coverpage.i attached pdf file to you too.

how i can resolve this problem?

thanks
Hi iraj.kheirati,

Maybe you edited the cover page improperly? AFAIK you need to do it using Freehand to generate a eps file. And some fonts just don't work.

But I think last Avanfax versions also support html cover pages, try reading the documentation or asking at the avantfax forums.

stilllearning

ramoncio said:
stilllearning said:
ramoncio said:
Did you install Avantfax using a rpm? Try to uninstall it first.

rpm -qa |grep avantfax
rpm -e --nodeps elastix-avantfax

And then try to install it again.
Hi Ramoncio,

Thankyou for the prompt reply, that has now fixed the issue and I can now login ok. Wonder what went wrong, just one more issue I have, when I get a inbound fax I dont recieve an email with it.

Looking at cli this is part of the log where I see an error..

-- Executing [s@ext-fax:4] RxFAX("SIP/myvsp-0000000f", "/var/spool/aster
-- Cannot open target TIFF file '/var/spool/asterisk/fax/1270969368.15.tif'
[FaxReceived ERROR] result (41) TIFF/F file cannot be opened.

For some unknown reason I dont have a folder called "fax" in /var/spool/asterisk so nothing is happening any ideas..

EDIT

I had to create a directory called "fax" in /var/spool/asterisk and now I could recieve inbound faxes which are emailed to me , but when I login into Avantfax my inbox is empty.
Hi stillearning,

This means you are using asterisk's RxFAX and not the iaxmodems for receiving faxes.
You will need to configure in your inbound routes the proper fax detection (if you need it) and the proper iax2 fax extension as destination.
Hi Ramoncio,

Thanks for the prompt reply, like you pointed out I had the RxFax selected as the destination, I pointed it to the IAX FAX extension and all is working well.

I will post all this in my other thread so it will help someone else in the future.

ramoncio

I'm glad to hear you finally got it working!

blast8180

Hi Ramoncio,

I have an Ubuntu 64 server set up with a hylafax backend(got from repositories) and put avantfax 3.3.1 on it. I have everything working great, however, the quality of the sends are still at the default 92 DPI.

Do you know where I can change DPI from either Avantfax configs or within Hylafax? Right now we're still using Frogfax which lets us use the 196 DPI option. We're sending PDFs with both text and pictures. The resolution on the imbedded pictures needs to be much higher.

Please let me know, thanks!

dicko

And Ubuntu has what to do with Elastix? :)

/var/www/html/avantfax/includes/local_config.php

There's probably a lot you should change it that.

dicko

dicko

And Ubuntu has what to do with Elastix? :)

/var/www/html/avantfax/includes/local_config.php

in Elastix, where it is in Ubuntu is up to you to discover.

There's probably a lot you should change in that file (as ever I suggest a little RTFM'ing helps) .

dicko

iraj.kheirati

Dear ramonico

hi,excuse me for some quastions.i dont have other source to resolving problems.

how i can change sending try number?if i have mistake to dial a fax number.means if i dial a pstn line(not fax number) .and pstn line hang up my call and disconnect .but avantfax try to call to this number several times.and avantfax can not detect hangupor disconnect.and try to calling..
i try to stopping to sending by killtime.but i dont have any item in sendfax tab.when i send a fax i must see status too.but i dont have anything when i sending .

thanks a'lot

tuanvuanh

Hi ramoncio,

As the www.avantfax.com/changelog.php write that "AvantFAX 3.2.0 *NEW* - Email support for CC and BCC addresses". You can guide me to configure the CC and BCC or multi email addresses for fax 2 multi email.

Thanks.

iraj.kheirati

Dear Ramonico

hi,i have problem in cover page font.my language is persian and font type is right to left same arabic type.when i write in cover page with persian font and send fax to destinate.my destination fax just received empty coverpage and there is not any persian word.i searched in internet about arabic font and finded ISO-8859-6.map .this is unicode mode for this language.i added and changed, but still is same last.please help me how i can add right to left font to cover page.

thanks a'lot

ramoncio

Hi Iraj,
I'm sorry but I never had to struggle with a right to left language, nor strange codepages.
But I read in the changelog that latest Avantfax can also use html cover pages. Maybe you can try that.
In my experience, to create custom cover.ps pages in the past, I have used Macromedia Freehand. Maybe you can find another program that creates the correct encapsulated postscript file too.
And many fonts just don't work, I don't now the reason. Search the Avanfax forum, there are some threads about cover pages creation.

Good luck!

tuanvuanh

hi all,

I want to modify the default email that sent to new user after admin create from avantfax with the default information:
Subject: "New User Details"
Content:" Hello abc,

This email contains your username and password to log into AvantFAX (http://192.168.1.x)

Username - abc
Password - abc123

Please do not respond to this message as it is automatically generated and is for information purposes only

AvantFAX"

If you know please guide me. Thanks in advance

leiw3248

Hello ramoncio

I'm back to fix the following that you have told me:

Try manually deleting everything about iaxmodems and start over again.

Remove all iaxmodems from:
/var/www/db/fax.db (manually or with a sqlite manager)
/etc/inittab
/etc/iaxmodem
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.ttyIAX *
Also remove the iax2 fax extensions

And then create again the virtual faxes and iax2 extensions, search this thread for
the script to add them to avantfax, and run it.

I did the following:

Removed /vae/www/db/fax.db
Removed fx1:2345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX1 in /etc/inittab
Removed all files in /etc/iaxmodem
Rempved all files in /var/spool/hylafax/etc
And delete IAX2 extensions and then create new virtual fax and IAX2 extension, but no virtual fax account on virtual fax list. now cannot receive all fax ! please help !

Thanks !

ramoncio

Hi leiw3248,
You shouldn't have removed the /var/www/db/fax.db file, just the modems configs inside it.
Try to copy it from another Elastix box or virtual machine, make sure permissions are correct, and then restart the process.

leiw3248

Hi

So you mean all my remove procedure correctly except removed the /var/www/db/fax.db file ?

I have backup fax.db, can I restore it ?

What I need to do after restore ?

Thanks !

ramoncio

Hi,
Yes, recover fax.db from a clean install. Or if you already had the modems you will need to remove them, using sqlite from the command line or with a sqlite tool as http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

Then you should be able to recreate the virtual faxes at the web interface.
After this, reinstall my latest 3.2.2 rpm and you should get it working.

leiw3248

Hello

I can successfully re-create the virtual fax account by recover fax.db from a clean install. And installed 3.2.2 rpm with yum -y localinstall --nogpgcheck command, but I only can see fax in Elastix Fax Visor (can't see any fax in Avantfax) and 3 please wait still here:

In Asterisk console can see the following message:

-- Called 206
-- Call accepted by 127.0.0.1 (format ulaw)
-- Format for call is ulaw
-- IAX2/206-6369 is ringing
-- IAX2/206-6369 answered DAHDI/4-1
-- Executing [h@ext-fax:1] System("DAHDI/4-1", "/var/lib/asterisk/bin/fax-process.pl --to --from freepbx@gmail.com --dest "s" --subject "Fax from " --attachment fax_.pdf --type application/pdf --file ") in new stack
-- Executing [h@ext-fax:2] Hangup("DAHDI/4-1", "") in new stack

leiw3248

Hello

Could you help me ? I still cannot fix this problem.

Thanks !

kamel02

Hi forum friends,

I'm really new in aantfax and 'd made avantfax installation using romancio Script :
wget www.lolacolay.com/ramon/elastix-avantfa ... noarch.rpm
yum -y localinstall --nogpgcheck elastix-avantfax-3.2.2-beta1.noarch.rpm

I'u using Elastix 1.6.2-2 updated.

- I had disabled fax machine in General setting (freepbx),
- created 2 IAX2 extensions , and 2 virtual iaxmodems with the same name & passwords (extensions logging ok),

- I hae created 1 inbound route (voice & fax) with nvfax detection :

Fax Handling:
Fax Extension:1fst iax2extenion name
Fax Email:master email
Fax Detection Type: Nvfax
Pause After Answer: 3

destination : IVR

my question is :
- the fax reception : good
- outgoing fax : fails in 3 of 5 tests ????????
what's problems and possible explanations ,??

- When I send a fax with a generic A4 format, the resault that I hae in the other hand is generic A4 cover with "XXXX-to, XXXX-campagny, ... fields), and with no message nor receips data on it ????)

Thanks for help,

Kamel

leiw3248

Hi

Now I can see fax in Elastix, can't see them in Avantfax.

And the 3 Please wait still here:

Thanks !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John-V