Auto outbound dial prefix !!!

Discussion in 'General' started by kareem, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kareem

hi every body
    there is some thin g i don't understand I hope to find the answer with you

i"m using elastix 1.6 and every thing goes fine , the thing that is going to make my crazy is that

I was monitoring my through asterisk -r and i discovered that all my dial plain is prefixed with (0) let me give you an example

if i wanted to dial my mobile number which is 016092XXXX
    on my dial pattern i remove the (0) so the number is 16092XXXX is my outgoing number and if i tried to send an outgoing number 016092XXXX the call crash

the question is how the call crash with full number (016092XXXX) and how the wrong number (16092XXXX) reach the right destination ??!! :blink:

I think (0) is auto added before the number is sent out so we come to the next part of the question How can i control this auto prefix number(0)?

And i discovered that in elastix 2 this disappeared and it send the number with out any prefixing numbers

Does anybody know what is going on ? :dry:

thanks for your time

2. danardf

Hi.

The zero must be deleted with dial rules and not with dial pattern!!
    Example, if I want to replace 01 by 331 then in dial rules I must doing this:
    01|331xxxxxxxxx

So, in your case, you could put this:
    01|1xxxxxxxxx

3. wikza1

I've tried this and failed

Basically I need to send 27XXXXXXXXX to my provider. On my trunk ive got the following:

Dial rule: 0|27XXXXXXXXX

Let's say I try to dial 0110123456 it still tries to go through as the same number.

On my dial patters I've got it as x. to be able to dial any number. I've tried to take out the 0 and replace it with 27 in here as well but it still doesn't work.

If i dial the number as 27110123456 it goes through what am I doing wrong? It seems like the dial rule does not work.

4. wikza1

I managed to get this working change dial pattern to 0|. and dial rule to 27+. :) :)