Auto message call out for doctor's office

Discussion in 'General' started by franklin, Jan 28, 2011.

1. franklin

I saw a post about creating an auto message here earlier but it did not address my question. Is there someone, like an Asternic, out there who offers a module that would allow a doctor's office to have the system automatically place a call for appointment reminders or prescription reminders, etc. It would be especially helpful if that someone know how to bolt up to EHR (Electronic Health Records) systems. dicko could probably rip off some code and a cron job while he brushes his teeth in the AM. dicko?

2. dicko

Take

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste ... ke-up+call

wakeup-call.pl as a template, with a cron job or some such it will originate calls and play any message at your whim.

as to EHR etc. "bolt-ups" be VERY careful to stay within HIPAA guidelines (or more like orders ;) ) or else someone's in deep poo-poo.

3. franklin

So this is a bit cumbersome for me. Why don't you write something up that uses text to speech so the person being called gets something like, "This is Dr. Plunkett's office calling to remind you of your appointment tomorrow at <computer generated voice> 12:35PM. If you would like to speak to our office, please press 1 now. Thank you. Hang up after two times. Sell it like Asternic -- on his Site! Just a thought.

4. dicko

A little more restrictive but a little prettier, then

http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=206

might fill most of your needs, with a little customization, (you need to get yours hands a little dirty here )

dicko

5. franklin