Asterisk won't load any modules !

Discussion in 'General' started by kawa636r, Oct 25, 2007.

1. kawa636r

Hi to everything, i have elastix 0.8.5 with freepbx 2.3 working perfectly like this best procedure guide : http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... tid=1#2499

Now i have a trouble. At system start, asterisk boot up but doesn't load any modulus .

I check modules.conf file and autoload is setted to yes .

Now everytime i want to get asterisk work, i must run :

stop now

asterisk

and after connect

asterisk -vr

and there i run the command

modules show

and now i see that asterisk load all modules .

Why this ? What i must do to resolve this problem ?

2. zeus

At the moment i haven't find a stable code solution but you can try this

Edit # vi /etc/rc.d/rc.local
    add at the end of the file amportal restart twice so it looks like this

touch /var/lock/subsys/local
    /usr/local/sbin/motd.sh > /etc/motd
    #/usr/sbin/fxotune -s
    /usr/sbin/amportal restart
    /usr/sbin/amportal restart

I disable the fxotune because is missing from the distro.

I must say that this distro is very bugy

1. The voicemails menu give (You don't have extension number associated with user) but i have extension number associated with user)
    2. The Monitoring menu give (You don't have extension number associated with user) but also i have extension number associated with user)
    3. The Faxvisor (No Data Found) but i successfully send faxes
    4. The chan_sip not load after reboot
    5. Missing packages and files (Recordings, fxotune etc.)
    The embedding Freepbx cause only problems because if you try to update to a newer version you might broke something else (i reinstall elastix twice for that reason)

The think is that Elastix can be the first choice for building Pbx's because of the freedom of the open code, on the contrary Trixbox trying to "lock" the CE version in the name of "stability". Only experts can do modifications according they needs.

So you Elastix developers must try to make more stable versions and try to keep the open source philosophy. If you do that you will be the first choice pbx apliance.

This is my humble opinion and nothing more.<br><br>Post edited by: zeus, at: 2007/10/25 17:35

3. kawa636r

Thanks.... elastix it's a very good distro, but you are in true way, elastix has got many bug.

1 When i call a queue, after i close the phone, some phone continue to ring without anything on the queue.
    2 Fax Visor too
    3 In some reload from freepbx, asterisk stucks and neek to reboot -f everything

and more.... i want to try adminsparadise... can you talk me about them ? seems to be a very nice distro....

4. zeus

1.I you use mp3 for music on hold (MOH) in queues, ring groups etc, then you may have this problems. This is not an elastix bug, this is an asterisk bug. Mp3 in MOH is experimental an may crash asterisk.

2. I believe that fax visor is fixed in the new version of elastix 0.9

3. This is has to do with the compilation of asterisk. I had the same problem and i recompiled asterisk to fix it. I believe that is also fixed in elastix 0.9.

Tomorrow elastix will launch the new version probably with all those fixes. From the list of features it seems that this version it will be the best elastix version.