Asterisk Freeze

printedgoods

Hey All,

I am fairly new to Elastix and have a slight problem. I am running 1.6.2-27 now after downgrading from upgrading to 2.0. I had been on 1.6 for almost a year prior to the upgrade with no problems. (came from trixbox) (yeah, I know...If it aint broke dont fix it).

The problem is that, randomly, the system will "lock up" in the middle of a phone call, and i will have to do a hard reset because it is a complete lock down (1.6 and 2.0 both do the same thing). I take a look at the log files and see nothing that would point me to the problem.

I have a rhino rcb4fxo card installed to bring the POTS into the system. I have a very small setup with 4 sip extensions and a fax IAX2. I record all incoming and outgoing calls.

I took a look at the call monitor logs to see if there was a recording of the dropped call, and there is nothing, not even a record that the call came into the system.

Thanks for any help.
Jason

Lee Sharp

Start with hardware. The two most common causes of lockups I know are bad power supplies and bad ram. You can grab any one of a number of Live CDs (Ubuntu Alt-install for example) to easily run memtest86 and see if it stays up all night. The least expensive way I know to test a power supply is to swap it out.

dicko

To save yourself the 14 cent CD, you could also

yum -y install memtest86+

It will be there as a grub option when you reboot (and press ESC at the right moment)

Bob

Dicko,

Thanks for that little item....didn't know that it was available, especially as a boot option....

Regards

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feparra121