Asterisk/FreePBX not connecting calls

Discussion in 'General' started by LowFire, Dec 11, 2009.

1. LowFire

Dec 11, 2009
    Running the software on RHEL5, have to since this a government server. Followed this guide to the 'T', ... guide-ce... except for obviously no using Cent OS. Everything seems to be running fine when I open up the Web GUI, created all of the extensions, am using Twisted Pair's WAVE Dispatch for soft phones. They register properly, I am able to talk to the Asterisk server, and am able to get the time when I hit *60 and any other feature codes.

When I dial from the soft phone to another extension though I get, "I'm sorry, that number is not valid".

It's not the soft phone software, as they work properly with TrixBox.

FreePBX 2.6.0
    RedHat Enterprise 5 64bit

Any thoughts? Thanks

2. dicko

Oct 24, 2008
    I suggest your questions belong better in the FreePBX or powerpbx fora as "the software" in the Elastix distribution is compiled against Centos (which is really RHEL5) but the versions are not the same and the kernel modules almost certainly won't work without recompilation. Also we currently use asterisk 1.4 not 1.6 and FreePBX 2.5 not 2.6 so unfortunately you don't have any known good version of Elastix running,

but good luck and welcome back when your government goes broke and you get a real job and machine :) :) :)