Asterisk, Exchange 2010 UM, MWI

Discussion in 'General' started by kspare, Jun 14, 2010.

1. kspare

I've got Elastix 2.0 and Exchange 2010 working together quite nice. It's really quite impressive!

the only problem i've run into right now is that the message waiting indicator (MWI) will not work. There are bug reports for this, but I haven't seen anything make it into asterisk.

I thought i'd get a discussion on this going on this forum.

2. Lou1z

i'd certainly be interested in that. i haven't installed the um side of exchange yet but plan to within the next month or so.

3. tberch

Can you post how you got elastix and exchange to play nice?????

4. tberch

Using Latest elastix version, with exchange 2010. Have tested UM with other PBX, and worked fine, want it to work with asterisk now. Found this article, http://blog.itcons.net/2008/09/part-3-i ... -with.html but it is not relavant to the new version of asterisk. Please help!

5. leungda

The link doesn't work. I want to know how the Elastix 2.0 work with Exchange 2010 too. Do you have a updated link and I can have a look?

6. tberch

7. claudius

http://blog.tambu.ca/2008/09/part-3-int ... -with.html

sorry guys, here`s the updated link ... I recently switched domain names...

Although this doesn`t answer the MWI question ... I have been quite busy and not enough time to look into.
    When I do, I will definitely update the blog above.

Thanks,

hth

Claude

8. diadiego86

please tell me I could collaborate on work and put the exchange elastix

is very important but I have not had success

thank you very much to who can help

9. gterkanian

Does anyone have any new information on the MWI issues. I'm not smart enough to understand all the jargon in Digium's bug tracker, nor do I feel it necessary to patch elastix provided files. It seems as though this is supported in the version of asterisk that is on my elastix system (asterisk-1.6.2.13-0). I just have no idea how to configure it.

Thanks,
    Greg

10. tberch

Does anybody from elastix read these?? Lync Sux, Id really like to use elastix.

11. tberch

I need a page to follow with specific instructions, I tried to get this to work for a couple weeks, and gave up. Would love to revive the project.

12. Bob

Bob

Likewise, I would like to setup Exchange with Elastix. I will be sitting down with it over the next couple of months. If anyone has some decent writeup, would live to read it, to save time..In particular will be testing with Elastix 2.2/Asterisk 1.8.70.

In the meantime, can you explain more of the issue you have with MWI.

At this point I am assuming that you are referring to

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-17340

which requires the following to be added to the peer definition it is expecting the MWI

unsolicited_mailbox=yes

and

mailbox=5820@SIP_Remote (5820 being the peer)...

You could try it if you havent already.....

Just in case the patch sneaked in somewhere...

But to be honest with you, it appears that the MWI issue has gone round in a circle.....one issue closed because it was a duplicate, the second one closed because the scope had changed, and no one has written it up again.....(8 months old)....

Regards

Bob

13. gterkanian

Where does that "SIP_Remote" context come from in your example? Does that have to match something on the Exchange trunk configuration? Thanks.

14. gterkanian

......and as far as a step-by-step guide goes, the following is the best I've found:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1660461

......however the macros macro-vm and macro-exten-vm must be setup in extensions_override_freepbx.conf. I simply copied the macros over and then made the changes.

Other than that, you might run into some issues that I may be able to help with.

15. gterkanian

....and I did a little digging on the unsolicited SIP NOTIFY issue. It appears as though this feature didn't make it into the 1.6 trunk, however it IS in the 1.8 code.

Is there anyway that I can upgrade asterisk to 1.8 inside of my elastix 2.0 box?