Asterisk cluster with a real SAN

manguz

We already sucessfuly implemented a two-node HA cluster with elastix, using heartbeat+drbd, but now we need to do the same cluster (two-node)but now using a real SAN, (HP eva 6000), it will be ideal to use GFS on the shared storage, and also Red hat cluster suite, do you have any ideas.? we've googled about that, but we couldn't find any useful information

thanks

mlewis

>will be ideal to use GFS on the shared storage, and also Red
>hat cluster suite, do you have any ideas.? we've googled
>about that, but we couldn't find any useful information

I started using GFS early in it's development and had great success with it when I needed a web cluster. The problem I found at the time was fencing could become an issue.

I'm not sure what you're asking for, other than some input so the one item I would suggest you give a lot of thought to would be the fencing method you'll use.

In my case, I built a fibre channel network and used one of the brocade switches as my fencing switch. There was a good learning curve in dealing with LUN's over FC along with mapping storage and things of that nature which you won't run into if you aren't doing anything complicated. I was working on booting many nodes directly from it's own storage pool on a sliced up storage section of the FC LAN.

The problems were;

Sometimes, a node would get fenced and would not come back until the entire cluster would be taken down and brought back up.

Also, if you do not keep all software on each node 100% identical, you will find the cluster down as well.

These are the only two issues I had really and I suspect that newer versions are probably much more reliable now. In fact, it's what I'll be setting up again for another project in the near future.

Ask away if you have something else.

Mike

ramoncio

mlewis

Great Lead!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member