Asterisk and SIP Lines

Discussion in 'General' started by isuzupi, Jul 2, 2009.

1. isuzupi

Hellow,

I have an Asterisk PBX which is running ok with the internal calls (betwen internal extensions).

Now, I also have 2 SIP lines (not SIP trunks) each one with itself userid, password, domain and proxy register server. And I don't know if it is possible to make the outbound calls through this SIP lines (like if they were RDSI or Analog lines).

The data of SIP Lines are:

Line 1:

User ID: 1001
    Password: XXXXXX
    Domain: colabora.es
    Proxy Register Server: callproxy.com

Line 2:

User ID: 1002
    Password: XXXXXX
    Domain: colabora.es
    Proxy Register Server: callproxy.com

If somebody has try this, please tell me how can I configure my Elastix to make external calls through this SIP Lines.

Thank you far all.

2. danardf

If they aren't a trunk and not an extension, I don't know what! :huh:
    Can you try to explain what you want to do exactly?

If you must make some outgoing calls, you have only one way: the trunk!

I just understand that you want to use the outbound route, and the line is an extension?

3. isuzupi

The exactly situation is:

My provider doesn't offer me a SIP trunk, only offers me a pair of SIP Lines (SIP Extensions) each one with the data I have show before (UserID, Password, Domain and Proxy Register Server).

I tested with two IP Phones (I registered each one with the data my provider gave me) and they worked totally ok.

What I want to do is to make all the external calls from my Asterisk (outgoing and incoming) through this SIP Lines. Some days ago I had two RDSI Lines and I could course all the external calls from my Asterisk through this RDSI Lines.

My question is if I can use me new SIP Lines (SIP Extensions from my provider) to course all the external calls like if they were a RDSI or Analog Line.

4. danardf

I think that yes.

Try to make a trunk with a : type=user

And look some add parameters on this link here

Like that you can use the outbound proxy parameter into your trunk.