Asterisk and SIP Lines

isuzupi

Hellow,

I have an Asterisk PBX which is running ok with the internal calls (betwen internal extensions).

Now, I also have 2 SIP lines (not SIP trunks) each one with itself userid, password, domain and proxy register server. And I don't know if it is possible to make the outbound calls through this SIP lines (like if they were RDSI or Analog lines).

The data of SIP Lines are:

Line 1:

User ID: 1001
Password: XXXXXX
Domain: colabora.es
Proxy Register Server: callproxy.com

Line 2:

User ID: 1002
Password: XXXXXX
Domain: colabora.es
Proxy Register Server: callproxy.com

If somebody has try this, please tell me how can I configure my Elastix to make external calls through this SIP Lines.

Thank you far all.

danardf

If they aren't a trunk and not an extension, I don't know what! :huh:
Can you try to explain what you want to do exactly?

If you must make some outgoing calls, you have only one way: the trunk!

I just understand that you want to use the outbound route, and the line is an extension?

isuzupi

The exactly situation is:

My provider doesn't offer me a SIP trunk, only offers me a pair of SIP Lines (SIP Extensions) each one with the data I have show before (UserID, Password, Domain and Proxy Register Server).

I tested with two IP Phones (I registered each one with the data my provider gave me) and they worked totally ok.

What I want to do is to make all the external calls from my Asterisk (outgoing and incoming) through this SIP Lines. Some days ago I had two RDSI Lines and I could course all the external calls from my Asterisk through this RDSI Lines.

My question is if I can use me new SIP Lines (SIP Extensions from my provider) to course all the external calls like if they were a RDSI or Analog Line.

danardf

I think that yes.

Try to make a trunk with a : type=user

And look some add parameters on this link here

Like that you can use the outbound proxy parameter into your trunk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncortes1984