Asterisk 1.6 with Elastix 1.3

Discussion in 'General' started by hema, Oct 12, 2009.

1. hema

Hi All,
    We are running Elastix v1.3 for sometime now with Asterisk 1.4. There are some issues reported in Asterisk1.4 which are fixed in v1.6. Now, is there a possibility to upgrade asterisk only by keeping Elastix version same? When I checked feature list of Asterisk1.6, there are lots of changes done from v1.4 to v1.6. Will copying Asterisk v1.6 binary in Elastix1.3 will be sufficient or something else have to be done?

We are looking to finish this activity shortly. Please share your experience / suggestions.

Regards,
    -Hema

2. donhwyo

Do not try this on a production system! This will break lots of things. This is a very advanced technical procedure, Wait till the release of 2.0. I think it will have asterisk 1.6 but not sure. You can search for asterisk 1.6 and see what others have encountered.

Don

3. Chilling_Silence

I've done a *basic* experimentation with 1.6 elsewhere on the forums, but I would highly recommend you exercise caution and do it on a development / testing server first, stress it for a week or two, then upgrade your production server. It'll save a *lot* of heartache!