Associate incoming call with 'line' key on SPA942

Discussion in 'General' started by joshua, Apr 23, 2009.

1. joshua

Hi,
    we have several SPA942s in one of our offices and intend to deploy them in our primary office. The issue that we have is when somebody is on the phone and there is an incoming call, they cannot see that there is an incoming call once they've hung up their existing call. If they're aware that there is an incoming call, they can dial *8 for a call pickup, but they have no way of seeing that 'ringing line'.

Any ideas? This system will be hard for people to adapt to after our current NEC line key system
    Cheers.

2. dicko

Do you have 'call waiting" enabled for these extensions in FreePBX (the default is no)? and more than one line key associated with that number on the phone (the default is yes)

edit

following Vasyd's later post, and re-reading your post about setting up asterisk as a "key system" rather than a PBX

http://www.voipspeak.net/2008/setting-u ... s-spa-942/

(Dan's addendum worked for me, once I upgraded the firmware)
    Incoming goes to ring group of three "virtual" extensions with these extensions set up (BLF wise) on the phones keys (leaving one key for the local extension)

3. vasyd

4. mattrh

another quick note that i would through out there is, only program ext 1 and leave all the other ext blank.