ARI

Telco

Were did the ARI interface go with version 2. I can't find it.

dicko

Please post a bug-report in the "bug tracker" link below, many of us would love to hear the response, it has not been there for years even though it is an absolute core part of FreePBX, no one from PaloSanto has ever explained why they have chosen to remove it ;)

dicko

(if you do that I will happily post a "one-liner" for how to get it back :) )

Awesomo

I just installed the 2.0.1 x64 iso and the ARI was installed. The only thing I did after the clean install was a yum update before I looked which may or may not have affected it.

So is this an issue limited to just the 32bit? I haven't tried the x86 iso yet.

dicko

Be careful, You are not allowed update FreePBX in it's own unembedded interface Elastix, ref:-

http://bugs.elastix.org/view.php?id=436

If you do that you are a very bad, bad person, you are only allowed to install FreePBX by the Elastix rpms's or you will, to paraphrase PaloSanto, "break things", as of a few days ago ARI was not part of that FreePBX rpm.

Your next yum update will send you straight to jail, you will not get $200, and you will have a broken system.

dicko :)

p.s. I am also a very bad, bad person. exclude freePBX rpms in your elastix.repo and if your luck is as good as mine, you will survive your transgression, check if you need your /etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf

IMHO opinion and if you use your new-found ARI and not the Elastix call monitoring module, then you might consider discarding it for your safety downline.

Awesomo

Ok, stupid question. Why would Elastix allow rpm's in their repo that would break things?

As far as I know it's still FreePBX 2.7, but I never checked the version number. I will check at the office tomorrow.

dicko

The real question is

"Why does Elastix care to repackage a perfectly functional subsystem it relies on, including it's fully functional self updating mechanism, and in the process removing function and breaking things"

it has done that for years and only they know why, to this very day (well, until last Sunday anyway) , many have asked but none have been replied to, go figure.

oh well . . .
dicko

Awesomo

So has Trixbox... even more so than Elastix which made me jump ship. I do love most of the other features of Elastix, but I agree, they need to drop the crappy freepbx knock-off that uses symlinks and just go straight up Vanilla FreePBX. What's the worst that could happen if I do upgrade FreePBX in the unembedded FreePBX beyond breaking the Elastix symlink'd version? I have been trying to figure it out, but not too hard ;-)

dicko

The worst thing that can happen is that you join the beta-testers list and get the same blind-siding that many of us get after asking that question. I can guarantee you will have fun though.

dicko

Telco

This is very interesting. I have been having lots of issues with 2.0 (out of the box) ARI not there, VmX not working, Call Fwd not working, Findme Followme not working and others. I then took a copy of ARI from an old version of elastix and just copied the recordings folder over to /var/www/html and presto it was back. I then did an upgrade to freepbx thru the unembeded freepbx option (taboo I know) from 2.7 to 2.8 and presto everything started to work. VmX, Call Fwd, Findme etc... It seemed to fix everything not break anything.

Chris

Telco

I checked out the bug. Funny I had the "retrieve_conf failed to sym link: /etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf from core/etc" right out of the box from elastix fresh install. That is why I upgraded. After my upgrade it went away.

In my opinion I don't think 2.0 is ready yet for release. Too many roaches crawling around in it. It is close but not quite there yet.

dicko

I agree, it was IMHO released more than a little prematurely, as many suggested, as I say, see you in the beta-testers list or I will get in trouble here if I post more like this, it's considered insurrectionist, or rebellious.

If you don't care for that beta commitment, then PLEASE post all your identified bugs, (if they are not there already) in the bug-tracker

dicko

dicko

Funnily enough the

/etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf

symlink error is a FreePBX bug, due to some overloading "third-party" addons that many have installed, it's really not severe or destructive.

The good thing is that I believe the final reluctant, but inevitable acceptance of FreePBX 2.8+ by Elastix will finally put the decrepit embedded FreePBX out of it's agony by sheer attrition (ref:- Ouroboros) :)

ramoncio

Hi Dick, good news!
Edgar told me that they had an ARI rpm ready to go. Maybe they have already included it in the repos? At least for Elastix 1.6 it doesn't seem to be there, maybe it is just in Elastix 2 repos.

As for stability, I'm planning to keep my systems with Elastix 1.6 until they remove embedded freepbx and include asterisk 1.8, if they ever do the first in future releases.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc