Any luck w/ the Aastra 9133i

Discussion in 'IP Phones' started by tfunk, Jun 27, 2008.

1. tfunk

Hello!

I'm trying to migrate from PBIF to Exlstix.

I've got the system setup and functioning! (whoohooo!)

I've run into a snag with trying to use our SIP phone hardware though.

Has anyone had any luck getting Aastra 9133i phones to work with Elastix?

It was found ok in the endpoint manger, and when I push the config to it, it shows that it's configured without incident.

When I check the web interface on the phone it shows the correct IP address for the Elastix server, the proper extension, etc.

but if I try to call the phone (from a softphone) it goes right to voicemail and when I try to dial out from the Aastra it doesn't do anything at all.

Has anyone got Elastix and Aastra phones to work correctly together? Is there some trick to it that I'm missing?

I'd appreciate any advice you could offer!

Thanks!

Tfunk

2. Ichorcom007

Hey buddy ,

Aastra phones can be a little trippy when using them with elastix.

I have a customer with a office of about 60 aastra phones and this is what I did for them to work.

First make sure you have the firmware updated. Than on one phone configure it using the WEBgui. After that is done and the phone is working export the config file and set up the TFTP boot config on your elastix server and have all your phones boot of the TFTP config process.

If you need help learning how to set all that up let me know. But I guarantee you your phone wont work unless you do a from the GUI on one phone and than copy that config file across your server. Aasta does not even know why you have to do this , I spent 4 hours with their tech support about a month ago.

Kevin config

3. tfunk

I'm just not having any luck.

I've got the SIP configuration done from the web gui, I've got the latest firmware, but I'm still getting "no service" when the phone comes up.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

4. Ichorcom007

Here you may add me to skype and give me access if you want , and I will configure , how many of these do you have to connect to elastix? cyberfab007