Announcement on Busy or unavailable

Discussion in 'General' started by megrain, Sep 22, 2010.

1. megrain

Hi All
    I would like to announce to the caller if the person is busy or not available at an extension by playing them a sound like with a message and the persons name, and then transfer them to a group. Is this possible?

I've tried to get the followme function to do it but it only annonces before ringing at the extsion. If there is a way to swap the announcement around?

2. fmvillares

its asterisk ....you could do anything...but this behaviour its not in the graphic front end...so you have to search if tohers have made something similar and open sourced it or ...develop yourself this function or pay someone to do it for you...

best regards

3. megrain

Hi fm
    I know but unfortunatly I'm still trying to get my way around the implemetation of asterisk in elastix. Could you point me in the right direction?

4. fmvillares

you have to program it as a freepbx module or as a custom context function created by hand in /etc/asterisk....advanced programming skill needed....

5. megrain

I do agree that is why I'm asking for help. The changes would be to the dialparties.agi script, as far as I can tell. the problem is I can't find any documentation on it to understand it. I'm still in the process of debuggin it on my own.

6. fmvillares

exactly thats the way....understand freepbx mvc programming logic then modify it...the open source and give it back to freepbx project...

7. megrain

Exactly thats why I'm busy moding the enpoint manager to support Mitel and the SPA series, with 2 user account. But its still a long way from complete.

8. fmvillares

well thats some interesting work but spa5xx support is on the way with colsolgrp you re in that project??? about mitel well the prize point and the contendors make them useless in most scenarios...and because i know about them i had an sx200 digital system and ipera module....