Am i a missing a step?

Discussion in 'General' started by quackers, May 4, 2009.

1. quackers

Just to be sure i am not missing a configuration step i need to do, Elastix auto finds my ISDN card, creates the trunks by its self, and the outbound route all by its self.

Once i've made an extention, should i be able from that extention to just dial 9 and the telephone number for outbound calls? or do you have to configure channels and stuff in some conf files?

2. ramoncio

That should be enough for you.
    Unless your telco shuts down L2 for energy saving, as Telefonica España does. Then you must call using channels, groups don't work well.

3. quackers

Thanks, i'll think i'll just re-install elastix tommorrow and start from scratch and hope it just works. Because this "all circuits are busy now" is driving me insane.......

4. ramoncio

Sorry, I didn't see you used ISDN.
    You will have to configure it manually, I think. I'm not sure about Elastix 1.5, as I'm using Odicha's patches since some ago (see the link a few lines down)
    If you use Elastix 1.5 I'd recommend you to use this:

http://www.asterisk-es-rsp.org/blog/?p=5

This includes native dahdi/libpri support for all HCF-S/4S/8S, and the installation instructions are very clear.
    It is much better than mISDN, I hope they'll soon integrate this into default Elastix distro.

5. quackers

I do not understand any of that :( , i re-install elastix 1.5.2.2 fresh this morning.

Is there anyway to do a diagnostics to figure out where its going wrong.

I've linked below screen shots to my hardware, trunks and routes, what is wrong with the config to cause "All Lines are busy" when i dial 9 + the telephone number.

Hardware Page
    Trunk
    Route

Here is my dahdi_scan results

[1]
    active=yes
    alarms=OK
    description=Wildcard TE122 Card 0
    name=WCT1/0
    manufacturer=Digium
    devicetype=Wildcard TE122
    location=PCI Bus 13 Slot 04