Always ANSWERED with analog lines?

eltano

Hello everybody.

I've been using Elastix 2.0 and I managed to run it without major troubles, but there is an issue that's pulling my hair off.

When I make a call from an analog line to another analog line, the status always turns to ANSWERED after 3 seconds, no matter what really happens.

Googling, I've found an old post in asterisk-users mailing list here, that is states clearly:
If you are using ANALOG ports then this is correct. The telco does not signal the status of the call so Asterisk must assume it's always answered as soon as it's done dialing. This does not apply to VoIP or T-1/E-1 PRI ports.
Is that all? Is there anything I can do to get real metrics of my outgoing call through analog lines or I just must live with this?

I'm on Elastix 2.0.4-7, DAHDI Version: 2.4.0 and using a Yeastar TDM400 that Asterisk shows as a 'Wildcard S400P Prototype Board 5' whe you do a 'dahdi show version' in Asterisk's CLI.

Thank you very much for your time.
Daniel

dicko

That depends on where you are, if your telco provider provides it then:

answeronpolarityswitch=yes
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

It generally doesn't work on US land-lines but check with your provider, you never know your luck in Mendoza (nice wine :) ).

eltano

Thank you very much for you reply, dicko.

I've already tried with polarity detection but it didn´t work. I always get the answer 3 seconds after the call, like in this log:

Code:
[Jan 25 10:19:38] VERBOSE[17012] pbx.c:     -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:19] Dial("SIP/1050-0000019c", "DAHDI/2/48320000,300,") in new stack
[Jan 25 10:19:38] VERBOSE[17012] app_dial.c:     -- Called 2/48320000
[Jan 25 10:19:41] VERBOSE[17012] app_dial.c:     -- DAHDI/2-1 answered SIP/1050-0000019c
In fact, when I set both answer and hangup on polarity reversal, the hangup is detected even before the busy tone, which is good, but calls to cell phone lines always fail. But this is another problem, and I´ll surely start another thread to ask for help with that.

Also tried with 'callprogress=yes' and a lot of combinations in chan_dahdi.conf with no luck.

By the way, I´m not actually in Mendoza, but yes, we have great wines over there!

Thanks again. ;)
Daniel

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino