Alternate Installation Methods

Discussion in 'General' started by jayshadow, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jayshadow

I can not get the CD to boot and install. I've tried it on 2 different systems. I've made sure the bios setting are set to boot from CD first, I've already tried the F8 method to bring up the window and manually select to boot from CD. I downloaded the ISO and using NERO selected to Burn a bootable CD using the image. When I browse the CD, all the files are on the CD.

Are there any alternative ways to install or any other suggestions I could use to get it to work? Can I create a file on the HDD to tell it to install? like a boot.ini or something?

2. Redfone

I would go ahead and try downloading a new image and burning it. If that yields the same results then there are alternative ways to installing such as over the network. Take a look at this Install Guide to see if it is of any help.

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Insta ... h-pxe.html<br><br>Post edited by: Redfone, at: 2007/07/19 02:36

3. jayshadow

Well that may be difficult to do as well, since I don't have linux running on any of my systems. Do you know of any way to initiate the install from a floppy?