all page

Discussion in 'General' started by coryjsanders, Sep 29, 2010.

1. coryjsanders

I have the *80xxxx for phone to phone paging working. Can anyone tell me how to program for an all phone page? Thanks. Polycom IP335, 450, 550 phones. Running 1.6.

2. dicko

Does the FreePBX "Paging and Intercom" page not meet your needs? *80xx is for intercom, paging groups several endpoints into the same rtp broadcast (hardware dependant, But I assume Polycoms can do that)

3. coryjsanders

dicko, Have a 2.0 box up and running nicely. I am editing my phone.cfg files with XML Notepad now. When I had Paging/Intercom working on my 1.6 box, I was using Notepad to edit the .cfg files, and to make the function work I inserted
    <alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Ring Answer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="4" />
    <RING_ANSWER se.rt.4.name="Ring Answer" se.rt.4.type="ring-answer" se.rt.4.timeout="2000" se.rt.4.ringer="2"
    se.rt.4.callWait="6" se.rt.4.mod="1"/>

at the end of my reg section. I tried this with XML Notepad and it sticks it in a section at the bottom of reg 6.

When I dial *80xxxx I get two rings and a busy signal. Can you help?

Thanks. Cory

4. coryjsanders

So, dicko, I made this work in the XML editor. Wasn't so hard when I figured out how the formatting on the XML editor corresponds to a Notepad editor.

I am unable to make chito's sip.cfg version work. Wish I could!

5. jeffik

Hello, I am trying to make paging work on Elastix 2.0.0-31 on a Polycom 335. I am not an xml programmer. I have read some postings but they all start making reference to a
    RadiusCat server and I can not even figure out what that is. I am guessing there is no way to enable paging through the gui. If anybody can help I may offer a bounty.

Thanks in advance.