All circuits busy message on number not in service

Discussion in 'General' started by gbonebrake, Feb 27, 2009.

1. gbonebrake

I saw another user post a message similar to this that degraded to an argument somehow so I thougth I would try again.

I am using Elastix 1.3-2 with a SIP trunk as the only outbound route. When a number that is not in service is dialed, you received the "All circuits are busy now, please try your call again later" message. This is a little misleading as the real issue is not that your SIP trunk is congested but that you either misdialed, or the number you called is no longer in service.

Perhaps this needs to be addressed by the SIP provider as well, but does anyone know of a way to play a custom message for this situation? I see in my asterisk log when such a call is placed I get the follwing:

Feb 27 10:27:43 VERBOSE [31692] logger.c: -- Called Broadvox/314207NNNN
    Feb 27 10:27:44 VERBOSE [22888] logger.c: -- Got SIP response 503 "Service Unavailable" back from 209.249.NNN.NNN
    Feb 27 10:27:44 VERBOSE [31692] logger.c: -- SIP/Broadvox-0826cc38 is circuit-busy
    Feb 27 10:27:44 VERBOSE [31692] logger.c: == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)

I need to test to see if the same exact response is returned for a busy signal or true SIP trunk congestion I suppose.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions -

Greg

2. MailSouth

Not sure if this helps, but my understanding is that if the status is returned as busy it will show up as congestion. So if you call the number on a non-asterisk phone and get a busy signal, the same call would get "All Circuits are busy" on an asterisk based phone.

3. Chilling_Silence

Its a long-standing issue, its actually being fixed in Asterisk itself, it has to do with the hangup clauses etc.

I suffer the same problem, if you find an interim solution, let me know :(

4. mjure

I have the same problem with ISDN -EURO Trunks. We can receive calls and fax, but is impossible make outbound calls. I install the stable distribution 1.3 two days ago.

5. mjure

In my case we solve the problem with changes in chan_dahdi.conf The Key parameters changed was : prilocaldialplan=national, and pridial=local. In my default installation prilocaldialplan doesn´t exist.

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
    switchtype=euroisdn
    pridialplan=local
    prilocaldialplan=national
    context=from-pstn
    signalling=fxs_ks
    rxwink=300 ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
    usecallerid=yes
    hidecallerid=no
    callwaiting=yes
    usecallingpres=yes