All circuits are busy now vs busy signal

Discussion in 'General' started by MailSouth, Aug 31, 2010.

1. MailSouth

When we call outside numbers that are busy we get all circuits are busy now instead of a busy signal. This makes it difficult for us to troubleshoot problems. Is it possible for us to make our system give us busy signals when the other party's line is busy, but all circuits are busy when there is congestion on our end?

2. Telco

Are you sure it is the Elastix giving you that recording and not your carrier. We have had several issues lately calling the 256 area code and getting the same recording.. All circuts are busy... from the carrier.

It does make it difficult to trouble shoot sometimes. I would verify that it is the system giving you the recording and not the carrier.

Chris

3. mgaron

its really the elastix, i heard this recording when i call a number not in service

4. dingoland

Chris means it could be the provider server that play this message.

For the question of MailSouth, yes if yours lines are all in use, you will get this message, delivered by your elastix server.

Regards
    Greg

5. MailSouth

Maybe I'm not asking the question correctly. I know that all our lines are not in use, we have 72 lines. What it appears to be is that the other end is busy. It shows up as congestion in the system, which gives us the "All circuits are busy" message even though it is not.

Is there a way that I can get a busy signal when the other line is busy, and a "all circuits are busy" when there is a circuit problem?

6. gl1176

There's a module in freepbx for this. Use the unembedded version of Freepbx and add the module "Route Congestion Messages". Then configure using that.