After reboot, the phone cannot dial.

olivier1010

We are using Aastra XML scripts 2.2.1 with 57i and 6731i phones and we have a problem.

Each time we reboot a phone (by power disconnect, through the web GUI or phone configuration menu), we need to make a logout / login to get back the phone in a usable state.
If we do not do this, the phone cannot dial a number.

It seems that if a logout is not done before the phone reboot, then there is a problem during the phone bootup, it does not fully load the mac.cfg config file.

We think that the problem does come from the new dynamic configuration process.
Dynamic configuration does work well (except reproductible crashes when using a fully loaded 560M extension).
But when rebooting directly the phone without logout, dynamic configuration is not used, all the setup need to be loaded from Mac.cfg. This is the problem : we think that the phone does not fully reload its setup certainly because of a firmware bug.

We have still as well LED problems. Sometimes phones loose LEDs (Day night, DND...). When this occur a logout / login solve the problem, or it does solve himself during the resync process we have setup each 600 seconds.
The voicemail LED is a bit too slow as well. We need to wait about 20 secondes to get it lighted when a message did come in. This needs to be faster.

Aastra please can you check this ? I can send you our .prf and aastra.cfg files so that you can test in the same environnement.

Except those two important problems, Aastra scripts are wonderfull, we have succesfully deployed them at a client site. We are just waiting a 560M extension with a small Azerty keyboard, and support for DHSG combined with presence of a 560M module.
Perhaps a true HD support would be fine as well, as the 57i audio circuits seem a bit behind for HD support.

Then we'll have the phone of tomorrow.

Thanks for your listening.

Olivier
FRANCE IP

vgster

Isn't G722 a codec option with the latest Aastra firmware?

olivier1010

:=)

G722 is a terrific old and quite bad codec. Sound is not as natural as with G711 codec. Only the audio bandwith is larger.

G711 16 Khz is the way to go. This is the only codec supported by ISDN as well, so interroperability could be ok with the PSTN network.

G711 16 Khz is the only usable alternative at the country or world scale level, because as soon as you are using a destructive codec, like G722 or G729, multiple conversion can occur through telcom providers. This end to terrific bad audio quality with MOS score less than 3/5.

But the more important, is to redesign 57i analog audio circuits to correctly support the enhanced bandwith, and adapt the DSP firmware to have a correct loudness and EQ curve. This seems to be done inside Polycom hardware but not Aastra.

vgster

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr