Advise for hardware Beijing China - Sangoma A101DE

Discussion in 'General' started by dhelman, Nov 22, 2010.

1. dhelman

Hello,

In the future I plan to install a linux Elastix server at our new office in Beijing China, and I hope someone can give me some advise about which hardware to use and how to configure.

I am not sure which telephone carrier we will be using, but what I do know is:

E1 PRI with 200 DID (the local Chinese name for a E1 is "30 B + D)
    The only protocol the telephone agent told me is G.703
    The telephone agent told me that the E1 would be presented on a RJ45/48 @ 120 ohms

The digital card we planned on using is the Sangoma A101DE (with Echo cancellation).

Has anyone used this card in China? Any suggestions? Should I consider using a different card?

Sorry that I am not very technical. If you need any more details, please let me know, and I'll try to provide more details.

In our office in New York USA, we we use the Sangoma A200 with FXO port (for SIP handsets) with the echo cancellation. We get our DID from a carrier over a VOIP gateway. This type of configuration is not really feasible in China for various reasons. This is why we are paying for a E1.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help!

David

2. Lee Sharp

I would go with a Sangmoa or a Rhino, for sure. And VOIP Supply can get them almost as cheap as the China knockoffs. As far as how it works in China, I can not help. But our system is working well in Trenton, if you just want to know there is a kindred spirit close by. :)