admin/palosanto not working for new install

Discussion in 'General' started by Mathiau, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mathiau

i thought i was going crazy, i then typed out the password in notepad and pasted it in, no extra spaces, nothing, but this system will not take admin/palosanto as the web GUI user and pass!

Even even plugged in a USB keyboard to make sure it wasnt my laptop

am i going crazy or what.......

admin/admin
    root / palosanto
    admin / palosanto
    root/root

none of them work and wont let me in the web GUI

i have tried all combo's of passwords on this page
    http://www.elastix.org/index.php?option ... stallation

i can log into the console on the server with root and my password no problem.

2. dicko

3. Mathiau

interesting on a VM machine i have, when you go to the URL you are presented with a login page says elastix and all

on this new install both IE8 and google Chrome toss up a login window of their own, instead of it seems using the Elastix landing page to login..

4. Mathiau

Yes, but i never changed the password for the web GUI, this is a brand new install, so i guess my question more is why is the default account not working, nothing was changed, fresh install, literally as in finished minutes before my post...

my root / "changedmypassword" account works fine..... but the root account is not used for the webGUI.

5. dicko

That line changes the password for admin not root, the only mention of root was the user who runs the command.

Maybe, as we use https you are talking of the acceptance of a new untrusted certificate into the browser(s) this will normally only happen once.

It's unlikely but possible, if you have your machine in an insecure DMZ, that some malodorous script stumbled on your machine while it was unprotected.

6. Mathiau

i understand what he script does, and i will be trying it :) just frustrating the default user and password that should work for it, is not.

i will boot into ubuntu and see if i have the same issue or not

help is appreciated.

7. Mathiau

Reinstalled Elastix - and now it works, i guess the first install missed something :)

8. dicko

/usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/www/db/acl.db "select * from acl_user"
    will expose the hashes

echo -n palosanto |md5sum|cut -d '-' -f1
    will return

96ceb60ae001dd3d3105b5a02667f964

if the 96* is not the same in the sqlite query, then someone or something changed it after you installed Elastix.

or a little quicker:

if [ `/usr/bin/sqlite3 /var/www/db/acl.db "select md5_password from acl_user where name = 'admin'"` == `echo -n "palosanto" |md5sum|cut -d '-' -f1` ];then echo "Original Password";else echo "Changed Password";fi