adding freepbx modules like Day / Night Mode Contr

Discussion in 'General' started by areid, Oct 6, 2008.

1. areid

I would like to add a new module from freepbx "Day / Night Mode Control", how do I do this?

2. jades

Module Admin
    Check for updates online

3. Bob

Bob

areid,

First of all, you will need to use the unembedded freepbx, it is not available in the embedded Freepbx
    Next go to Module Admin and perform an module upgrade/update via Freepbx in tools section
    Once you have installed the Day/Night module it is available for use.

Setup a Day/Night option (e.g. index 0 will probably be your first one).
    Now include it in your call flow e.g. your inbound route will point to the day/night control, and based on what mode it is in, then it will go to either of the two options that you have set.

The above is a simple implementation within an Inbound route, but it does not necessarily need to be attached to an Inbound route. It can be an option in your IVR that chains to this Day/Night control.

The main thing to remember is that just adding a day/night control does not make it work, it needs to be added to the call flow somewhere.

So once you have setup your first one, then use *280 to turn it on and *280 to turn it off. Note that the feature code for it is *28. The 0 at the end is the Index number of the control. e.g. if you setup another Day/Night control at Index 1, then *281 will be the command to turn it off and on.

Regards

Bob

4. saleh

This patch add "Zap Channel DIDs" , "Blacklist" , "CallerID Lookup Sources" , "Day/Night Control" and "VoiceMail Blasting" for the Embedded FreePBX 2.4

First of all, you will need to use the unembedded FreePBX. Next go to Module Admin and perform an module upgrade/update via FreePBX in tools section then install these modules
    "Blacklist", "Caller ID Lookup", "Day Night Mode" and " VoiceMail Blasting" then

Download the file then

# tar zxvf Display_2.4_Update_For_Embedded_FreePBX.tar.gz
    # cd Display_2.4_Update_For_Embedded_FreePBX
    # ./install.sh http://forum.elastix.org/old_files/Display_2.gz

5. areid

When I went to unembedded freepbx and check for updates in Module Admin, I noticed there was quite a few modules that need updating including freepbx from 2.4 to 2.5. I am using the latest elastix 1.3-2. Doing a yum -y update update all of freepbx and freepbx modules or do I have to go to umbedded freepbx and do it here?

6. saleh

"yum -y update" update your system not the FreePBX modules, to update the FreePBX modules, please go to umbedded freepbx and do it.

Note: please do not update FreePBX from 2.4 to 2.5 only update the 2.4 modules.