Add SIP extension - blank page

Discussion in 'General' started by hinzinho, Feb 4, 2011.

1. hinzinho

When I click on Extensions and try to add a new or edit a SIP extension, I get a blank page. When I add other types such as ZAP, IAX, I have no problem. I am able to view the SIP extensions under FreePBX, but not the Elastix version.

This is my version:

Kernel
    Linux(i386)-2.6.18-194.3.1.el5

Elastix
    elastix-2.0.0-57
    elastix-firstboot-2.0.0-14
    elastix-email_admin-2.0.0-23
    elastix-system-2.0.0-38
    elastix-asterisk-sounds-1.2.3-1
    elastix-vtigercrm-5.1.0-8
    elastix-agenda-2.0.0-24
    elastix-fax-2.0.0-18
    elastix-reports-2.0.0-20
    elastix-a2billing-1.3.0-4
    elastix-addons-2.0.0-19
    elastix-pbx-2.0.0-40

RounCubeMail
    RoundCubeMail-0.3.1-5

Mail
    postfix-2.3.3-2.1.el5_2
    cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-7.el5_4.3

IM
    openfire-3.5.1-2

FreePBX
    freePBX-2.7.0-9

Asterisk
    asterisk-1.6.2.13-0
    asterisk-perl-0.10-2
    asterisk-addons-1.6.2.1-0

FAX
    hylafax-4.3.9-0rhel5
    iaxmodem-1.2.0-1.1

DRIVERS
    dahdi-2.3.0.1-3
    rhino-0.99.3-2.beta2
    wanpipe-util-3.5.14-0

When comparing this server with another version identical, the difference I see under the SSL_Error.log is this:

[Thu Feb 03 17:32:52 2011] [error] [client 192.168.50.51] PHP Fatal error: Class 'RainTPL' not found in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/includes/functions.inc on line 100, referer: https://192.168.50.30/?menu=pbxconfig&d ... extensions

In this functions.inc at line 100 is this:
    $this->tpl = new RainTPL( LOCAL_PATH.'templates/freepbx', LOCAL_PATH.'templates/freepbx/compiled', '/admin/modules/endpointman/templates/images' );

When comparing with a working version, the working box doesn't have the "endpointman" directory.

How can I fix this?

2. dicko

Sounds like a bug, please post it at:

http://bugs.elastix.org/

Elastix does NOT use FreePBX per se, so only they will be able to help you here.

I suggest you only use the unembedded for a less stressful life but be forwarned, it is NOT fully FreePBX anymore :)

dicko

ref:

http://bugs.elastix.org/view.php?id=517

(currently unanswered)

3. hinzinho

4. hinzinho

Yep, uninstalled the endpoint manager under FreePBX and now I can get to the page. I was using the version endpointman-2.9.0.3RC4.tgz.

Dicko, should I still report this as a bug to Elastix?

5. dicko

It would be interesting to see their response, FreePBX 2.9 is "just around the corner", I believe it will officially include the endpoint manager, but I believe that without a major rewrite/rethink by PaloSanto it will be almost impossible to integrate it into current Elastii (?) due to the changes being implemented therein, the alpha version is available and looks pretty damn good so far with plenty of added features and function.

I guess our choice is to commit to one or the other, but I believe it is too risky to use both after you choose to update/add function to FreePBX from within itself. There are just too many unresolved differences, and these differences will continue to grow, until PaloSanto take a step backwards as to ego and open themselves to a huge step forward as to function.

dicko

6. tm1000

One can always update Elastix to use the Provisioner.net library which Endpoint Manager users in FreePBX & Blue.Box. It's an MPL License and is open source and very up-to-date.

Also, dicko, Thanks for the kind comments with regards to Endpoint Manager (for FreePBX), I appreciate all of your responses.

In regards to this error I need to look into it more. On Elastix.

7. dicko

tm100 :) :)

When one says "one" here in this Elastix culture, unfortunately the only "one" involved is PaloSanto (our benign dictator, who apparrently knows better than Philippe how his code should be used ) as they further alienate themselves from FreePBX, (and their latest trick is to suborn the userfield for their monitoring function (which is supposedly much better than ARI . . . ) which I always thought and thus used was for me the User , and not they the distributor (that really pissed me off!!) , oh well semantics aside it doesn't work anyway for obvious reasons . . . ;) ) they further risk "Trickyboxing" themselves. I believe you will find it is possibly internal as to which javascript libraries that will be used, and in this direction they seem without rational direction as yet. You need to either "go rogue" and replace FreePBX in Elastix or live with it's currently self induced by RPM limitations.

On a side point, FreePBX 2.9 alpha and getting the latest code from the vendors seems at first glance broken yesterday with your current code (or perhaps theirs ( I just get a hang . . . ) this definitely not done on an Elastix system, just a minimal Centos/Digium svn/FreePBX thingy. (I'll catch you more appropriately on the otherside however)

However congrats on a well implemented and well thought out concept, i'm sure it will help a lot of "Johnny come lately" vendors to be more easily supported.

regards
    dicko

8. tm1000

Dicko,

Thanks for letting me know.

I fixed the blank page issue in Elastix on the Embedded FreePBX extensions page in RC5 (http://mirror.freepbx.org/modules/relea ... latest.tgz). The options for endpoint manager do not work on that page however because Elastix is embedding FreePBX I can't load config.php because I don't know where it's at. I suppose I can assume it's hard coded at /admin/config.php and I may just do that before release. But for now it works as intended and will let users add/delete phones as they need to.

EDIT: Also I will always try to support FreePBX versions 2.5+ AND embedded versions of FreePBX as much as possible. I user quite old functions in FreePBX on purpose to be able to do this.

9. sababa

I just tried the version you linked to and the extensions page disappears still

10. fmvillares

Re: Re:Add SIP extension - blank page

and why is so important to keep the incomplete and uselss pbx embedded section??? just keep using the complete and real freepbx unembedded and voila...

11. GreatSUN

It's nice to have one frontend and I like elastix. But it would be great if we could have some update-package for elastix so that we could use freepbx 2.9 with elastix (if some pages in PBX-Section are broken, that should be ok).

So please tell us, how we can get elastix to work with freepbx 2.9.

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

12. fmvillares

for now on its not even in the roadmap...as there is no roadmap...try to upgrade it by yourself from tarball as we do...but from there we re on our own...as elastix does not support it