Add Beep when transfering a call

johnryan

I've searched all over and haven't found anything. Is it possible to add a beep when a call is transferred. It would really help when receiving a transferred call.

VIALLET

up ?
I'm interested too.

voiphaozi

I'm interested too.

sqlguy

Bump...

I would like to know the answer to this as well.. It would be very helpful!

Thanks!

-Mark

ikamp

Just add

courtesytone=beep

in features_general_custom.conf

Bob

ikamp,

I am pretty sure that the courtesy=beep is not for transferred call notification (e.g. notifying the transfer recipient that the call has been bridged).

Happy to be told otherwise, as I could use the function as well.

The function that is being asked for, to the best of my knowledge is unable to be easily implemented, as it really requires a change in the SIP specification to do it properly.

There are a number of "hacked" solutions around, but is not reliable on all phones.

there is xfersound=beep, but it is only for Asterisk transferred calls e.g. ##, not transfers performed using sip transfer on the phone....

Regards

Bob

ikamp

True, just saw it was for transfer. Thought it was for park. Didn't see that as I was reading quickly.

However, since its a tips and tricks section, courtesytone also generates a beep for On-Demand Recording (*1).

Bob

Ikamp

However, since its a tips and tricks section, courtesytone also generates a beep for On-Demand Recording (*1).
Absolutely....I don't have all the answers, and they are not always right...we learn off each other, something humans have done for years... :)

Regards

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feparra121